Yet another terror attack in Paris

When did I make an argument about Muslim immigrants in the US and Europe?

Jotham made a dubious claim

Poland is the only country in Europe to not suffer a terrorist attack

and presented two maps as evidence. Both maps clearly contradict him.

My comments about the interactive map are an expression of interest in its contents, not an argument. I would argue about it if I had time (why is x a terror attack but not y, e.g. the MRT mass murder), but to do that properly I would need to look at the database they built it from.

I should know better though, hanging out in a forum frequented by citizens of a polarized nation where everything in life has to be an argument.

Well then, Poland is one of few countries with any terrorism. Really, those other countries used to be part of larger countries, except Romania. The Eastern part of Europe has been generally more realistic in their politics and dealing with problems, whether immigration, terrorism, or economics, than the Western part. Latvia and Estonia don’t count as Europe, as they were part of Russia.

Again, Poland is the center issue because Macron wants to place sanctions on them because they actually control immigration. Which gave Le Pen a rise in the polls. Romania’s own similar strict immigration policies don’t vitiate the point at all.

My comments about the interactive map are an expression of interest in its contents, not an argument.

I thought you were trying to say the map was illegitimate. I stand corrected.

I didn’t mean argument argument. I meant intellectual argument. I assumed the root cause of Jotham’s “poorly constructed arguments” is the belief that there’s a connection between Muslim immigration and terrorism so it seemed reasonable to ask for a clarification.

About Jotham’s construction methods…

You see what I mean?

As I said, there are so many comments to make, so little time. The map’s accuracy is questionable, but I think it’s worth looking at, and I sincerely thank Jotham for bringing it to our attention. Here it is again:

Something going on Paris. Kurdish cafe bombed or something. Riot police out in force.

OK, here we go:

The geezer turned up at the same camp a year ago with a sword. Fuck sake, how much warning do the police need?

“Authorities could not exclude a possible racist motive.” Ya think???

2 Likes

Tucker? Is that you?