You don't need a Re-entry sticker anymore. Eh?

They did not give me one in my US passport this year, but a friend said, NOPE. You just need to show your ARC when you come back to the ROC. No sticker now. It says “Multiple Re-entry permit” on the ARC. Really?

[quote=“Dangergyrl”]They did not give me one in my US passport this year, but a friend said, NOPE. You just need to show your ARC when you come back to the ROC. No sticker now. It says “Multiple Re-entry permit” on the ARC. Really?[/quote]Turn your ARC over and look on the back. There’s where you should see that a re-entry permit is no longer required as long as you have your ARC.

Here’s the back of mine.

The OP means that you don’t get the yellow carbon copy paper put into your passport anymore. The one foreign visitors fill out and immigration officials staple into passports. Yes, OP, NSA changed their proceedure: They now process ARC holders simlarly to citizens. We both go through the same line at immigration and do not need the form.

You still get your passport stamped. No matter which country you enter or exit, you always get a stamp in your passport. (Japan and some other countries use stickers, yes, but Taiwan still stamps your enter/exit date.)

The statement on the back of the ARC refers to something different. Some countries require you to present an application to request re-entry into the country prior to leaving the country. ARC holders are free to come and go while the ARC is valid.

Although that’s right, it’s not how I read the OP. I read it the same way Northcoast Surfer did… :idunno:

Although that’s right, it’s not how I read the OP. I read it the same way Northcoast Surfer did… :idunno:[/quote]

:idunno: I dunno, either.

:+)

Although that’s right, it’s not how I read the OP. I read it the same way Northcoast Surfer did… :idunno:[/quote]

:idunno: I dunno, either.

:+)[/quote]
The OP said absolutely nothing about an embarkation card. She specifically mentioned a re-entry permit. A very simple question with a very simple answer.

[quote=“ichbinjenny”]The OP means that you don’t get the yellow carbon copy paper put into your passport anymore. The one foreign visitors fill out and immigration officials staple into passports. Yes, OP, NSA changed their proceedure: They now process ARC holders simlarly to citizens. We both go through the same line at immigration and do not need the form.

You still get your passport stamped. No matter which country you enter or exit, you always get a stamp in your passport. (Japan and some other countries use stickers, yes, but Taiwan still stamps your enter/exit date.)

The statement on the back of the ARC refers to something different. Some countries require you to present an application to request re-entry into the country prior to leaving the country. ARC holders are free to come and go while the ARC is valid.[/quote]

That’s not true … if I return to Europe via Schiphol (AMS) airport, or Brussels, NO stamp is put in my passport. :whistle:

That’s not true … if I return to Europe via Schiphol (AMS) airport, or Brussels, NO stamp is put in my passport. :whistle:[/quote]

Ok ok ok. I stand corrected. :+) :doh:

Ms. OP, ignore my post and listen to the wisdom of NorthCoast Surfer.

Ok people. Just for clarification…adnauseum! I hope you find it useful, if not a tad gratuituous!

Here is the old school re-entry permit stickers that used to be put into our passports and would be the authority to re-enter Taiwan as long has we had our old school paper ARCs or APRCs with it. These are no longer used.

Now, the ARC and the re-entry permit are all in one. You just need to have your ARC or APRC card plus your passport to re-enter Taiwan.

This is the Taiwan Disembarkation Card. We used to have to fill this out upon arriving in Taiwan and the immigration official would staple the bottom yellow copy into our passport page and put an Admitted stamp with the date of arrival on the back. We had to keep this in our passport until the next time we left and then the immigration official would remove it from our passports upon departure. These forms are no longer required for ARC or APRC holders as of October 1, 2010.

Here’s the official reference:

[quote=“Taiwan National Immigration Agency Web Page”]

New Requirement for Foreign Passengers to Fill Out Embarkation/Disembarkation Card

Source:Border Affairs Corps
Date:2010/10/5

From Oct.1st 2010, NIA cancelled the requirement for all departing foreign passengers to fill out and hand in their Embarkation Card. Alien residents in Taiwan who possess alien resident certificate or permanent resident certificate also don’t need to fill out arrival card (also known as Disembarkation Card) upon arrival. New format of arrival card (single page) will be implemented on Jan. 1st, 2011.[/quote]

Sandman that is right. I did not catch this until I was told. You guys have confirmed it!