Your pets - names and pictures

I have Jian he’s a black and gray chihuahua. Tiny little thing, I’m praying I can get him to hit 2kg, right now he’s sitting about 1.6kg. Skinny little guy, I’m hoping he gets fatter. (I adopted him as a stray)

This is Meshki, the amputee cat my girlfriend and I are fostering right now. She lost her paw while living on the street and her whole right hind leg had to be amputated after the skin and bones around the stump became infected. She’s now almost fully recovered and in the (slow) process of getting used to live indoors and close to humans.

Big shout out to Animals Taiwan and their spokeperson Liza in particular for helping out with Meshki’s care.

Meshki is adorable. Love the sox. What kind of meds does she need to take right now?

She isn’t on any meds since when she left the clinic (she stayed a while after the surgery). I only check on the incision site when she lets me and make sure her appetite is good (which it is. We’re talking little-pig-levels here).

Meanwhile, our other cat, Aineko, is slowly turning into a pumpkin.

Milktea went from 3.3 to 3.7 kg in 3 months. Also starting to look a lot like a pumpkin. It’s getting harder and harder to get sustained play out of her, and she eats like a little pig as well.

Glad to hear Meshki is doing well.

It is winter, so the dears will eat more, and also fluff up their fur. So pumpkin it is.

Mine aren’t pumpkins, they’re a watermelon and a wintermelon.

Donggua (left) and Xigua (right)

Donggua in front.

love how they cuddle up. they look very warm.

See? That’s what I wanted for my Aineko and Meshki: to become friends and keep each other company when we’re not at home. It is not working out though… :frowning:

awww.

See? That’s what I wanted for my Aineko and Meshki: to become friends and kee0 each other company when we’re not at homw. It is not working out though… :frowning:[/quote]

takes time for the old cat to accept the new cat.

how fast were they introduced? did they go through a period of separation and introduced by scent first?

Dong and Xi are littermates, so they know each other quite well. They came into my home at the same time, and helped each other get through the stress of adjustment and the unforgiving Zhonghe winter (I say that half in jest).

See? That’s what I wanted for my Aineko and Meshki: to become friends and kee0 each other company when we’re not at homw. It is not working out though… :frowning:[/quote]

takes time for the old cat to accept the new cat.

how fast were they introduced? did they go through a period of separation and introduced by scent first?[/quote]
They’re still separated, but whenever I try to introduce them to each other, it’s a hiss & growl fest, until one chickens out and runs away. The problem is that Meshki, the new cat, is confined to my rather small balcony. I made it as comfortable as possible for her (3 hideouts, cat castle, a tent, foodbox, litter, some toys and a scratch post), but she makes it clear that she wants out (usualy between 2 and 6 am). :frowning:

Donggua. Xigua. i see a pattern forming.

next we’ll see Nangua, Donggua, Segua, Xianggua, Huanggua (although you can cheat and say Cucmber) Hamigua, and stuf.

my cats all have a theme too.

We have (in order of age) Duchess, Disney, Dylan, Didi, Diamond, Diva, and Disabled.

but Disabled is too long, so we call him

Cripple.

[quote=“Novaspes”]
They’re still separated, but whenever I try to introduce them to each other, it’s a hiss & growl fest, until one chickens out and runs away. The problem is that Meshki, the new cat, is confined to my rather small balcony. I made it as comfortable as possible for her (3 hideouts, cat castle, a tent, foodbox, litter, some toys and a scratch post), but she makes it clear that she wants out (usualy between 2 and 6 am). :frowning:[/quote]

Do they feed at the same time? Maybe feed them across the separation so they see and smell each other while feeding?

Introducing new cats seems really difficult and requires a lot of patience even if you are doing everything by the book. That’s why I won’t attempt completing my cafe themed naming scheme for a while… Latte, Schoco, and Moca simply will have to wait… (although I’ve named a nearby stray dog Schoco already…)

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater

5 dogs…Sambuka, Deloris, Roo, Luka and XiaoHua

one cat, Cino. I live in a 4 level place, so the cat sleeps with us and stays in the other rooms, dogs stay on the 1floor only. We have a big 3 level cat cage he stays in when we watch TV on the 1F with the dogs.

[quote=“Battery9”]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152772630610791&set=a.10150130456930791.326315.727225790&type=3&theater

5 dogs…Sambuka, Deloris, Roo, Luka and XiaoHua

one cat, Cino. I live in a 4 level place, so the cat sleeps with us and stays in the other rooms, dogs stay on the 1floor only. We have a big 3 level cat cage he stays in when we watch TV on the 1F with the dogs.[/quote]

nice!

if the cat’s out of the cage, do they start a world war?

yes, I can’t have Cino with the rest of them. I can hold him and they sniff him, but unfortunately two of my brown dogs grew up in the mountain and they are hunters. They are fine, until he starts running.

See? Mine is not teh only one… sigh

My cats in motion:

it looks like they are in some sort of time wrap :stuck_out_tongue:

i know it’s decieving… but they all look so calm and peaceful…

milktea in motion