Your pets - names and pictures

I dated a girl who took in stray dogs after her father sold her dog at the night market for a watermelon. She had three dogs… Baby (The stupid one), Xiao Xiong (The crazy one that could only make left hand circles) and Frankenstine ( The mean one named Frankenstine because the girl thought Frankenstine was a pitiful character). Each dog was no bigger than my boot. God I am glad to be out of that apartment that smelled like piss and shit.

I had a dog named Data, and now twin cats (named by a 5 year old) called Jelly and Beans.

chou.

Quintus Fabius Maximus (Beta fish)
Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus (Beta fish)

Fatty (Blackbear Hamster)

Bing (Beagle)
Oskar The Wienerdog (dachshund)

I have just been adopted by a stray that I am naming “Big-Eared Tu” (“Tu” for short) because her ears are bigger than the rest of her.

Who is the original “Big-Eared Tu?”

According to the Sterling Seagrave book, “The Soong Dynasty,” the real “Big-Eared Tu” was the leader of a Shanghai gang, the Green Gang, in the early 1900’s. Apparently, Chiang Kai Shek was a member of Big-Eared Tu’s gang before he took over the KMT (or perhaps Tu’s gang morphed into the KMT). In any event, Big-Eared Tu supposedly was a nasty fellow with big ears who backed Chiang Kai Shek’s grab for power.

Dofu often sees two nice dogs when we walk in the morning. Their names are Julio and Domingo. Julio looks very much like Dofu, and Domingo is a big adorable junkyard dog-looking pooch.

I wonder when humans began naming dogs??? Anyone know?

Dofu… 2 years old.

Dofu again!

That picture of Dofu looks like Scooby Doo.

Quinn, a mini American Eskimo and Freki, our Siberian Husky.

Tigerman, it was funny, because I thought the same thing when just the three dogs stood and looked at me (my fiancee was to the left, next to our front door, and they were probably waiting to see if they were going to be taken for a walk), but as I lined up the shot and started to release the shutter, Alicia (who also sits by the door, waiting to go for walks) poked her head round the corner as if to say “What about me!”, then click!

So, like most of my pics, luck was the essential element.

Love the pic of Tofu. 914 is right, he does have a certain Scooby-Doo-ishness about him in the second pic. :slight_smile:

My dog’s name is Bao-Bao (baby).
I found her in the mountains on the side of the road while riding a “big bike” one of my friends had a tank-bag so we picked her up and put her in there. At the next red light we checked on her and she was asleep. She was a couple of months old at the time…she is 5ish now.

Hey how does one post photos on here anyhow? I am so computer illiterate I see the Img box, but don’t know what to do with it…sigh. Would like to post a pic of our beloved “foundlings”. Thx.

You can try http://www.imageshack.us . It seems the best in my opinion.

Buddy, Chuck D. and Gray Cat (all cats).

Sacko and Missy (dogs)

Flipp (the name was horrible, but we respected the wish of the dog breeder) lived with us for 15 years. He was very emotional and wouldn’t look at me for a few days, when I came back after having lived overseas for a year. :frowning:

Edit: Stray Dog, very cute dogs, especially Chocolate.

Peanut and Tiger - dumped at school when 3 weeks old, happy and fit and very loved by Ellen!

my widdle Mimoo (baby talk for “Isalu”)…isn’t he handsome?

I will be adding his baby pictures here as well and perhaps of Fuzzbucket and Purina Puppy Chow when I can scan their pictures. The one I have of Purina is her in a box in front of the Christmas tree…the evil look in her eyes is merely a sign of how possessed she truly was. I suppose being put in a gift box for a picture will do that to a cat.

Leo (dog;Ridge back/German sheppard stray , had syncronization problems, born with no canine, very few adult teeth and deaf. He had no control over his tongue but since he had no teeth it just hung out the side of his mouth and didn’t bother him.) Not a show dog but a great pet.

Taiwan: Tofu and Minou; Minou is a canadian stray.(6 years old)She was flown here about 6 months ago and Tofu(one year old) is a stray from Shaliosho island(not sure the spelling) off the west coat south of Taiwan. They look identical except Minou is twice the size and fat.

A pic of my two dogs. The black one is a stray I plucked from Taoyuan’s Tiger Head mountain. Her name is Taro. Little dog is a pomeranian. His name is Scooter.

[quote=“ImaniOU”][quote=“Stray Dog”]

Cookie (back, right), Chocolate (back left), Alicia (the cat), and Fox(ie) (front, right).

Congrats on getting adopted, smerf![/quote][/quote]

This is probably the most lucky, serendipitous shot I’ve ever seen! It just cracks me up. I can’t even get my lizards to do that, and they move 1/1000 kph!

Anyway, their names are:
Triple Sec (the one in my avatar)
Little Guy
Tiny Guy
Salmon
Nebby
Scarlet
Flower