Youtube Video Series : Sucks to be Taiwanese

He made a few decent points and then spread a load of sexist and racist bullshit out there too. Sorry he doesn’t get a pass.

1 Like

IDK, i don’t really have the time to watch videos about someone bitching about things in Taiwan. Yes, theres a lot of problems and it’s not exactly something people don’t know. I’m guessing he is a graphic designer? I know many people who did the same thing and got shit salary and bosses and eventually got good enough to start their own business with plenty of work and pay. Maybe he just sucks and can’t cut it on his own. When you always work for someone, you get screwed by your boss, it’s not like it’s exclusive to Taiwan.

He’s Taiwanese. If your name is Brianjones, I am going to go out on a limb and say you don’t look or sound Taiwanese to most Taiwanese people. Maybe you have a plastic card saying otherwise - but let’s be realistic here.

1 Like

He does have some good points, but I think it’s his delivery that puts me off. Or maybe that awful haircut. Yes, not all foreigners are equal, and white people do get certain benefits here. I’ve seen it working at clubs and stuff. I had a lot of white people coming and expect to be shown VIP status because they are white. I even had a girl insist I needed to let her in for free because she was blonde… Another one insisted I must be attracted to her coming to my table trying to drink my champagne for free because “all asian men want a white girlfriend” according to her when I was with a Taiwanese girl at the time that was 100x more attractive than her. But those are the ignorant ones that don’t stay here long enough to see what BS mentality that is.

And I guess there are Taiwanese girls that love white men, even some I would consider not very attractive. But all in all, the really good looking Taiwanese girls date Taiwanese guys with money from what I see.

He’s A-Mei-ray-can or Chinese…he didn’t once say he is taiwanese…

Gee, you think?

I honestly never had a friend like that here. I don’t think it’s as prevalent as people make it out to be in taiwan.

Last video, he states he is Taiwanese.

I liked his comments about lack of branding in Taiwan and comparing it to Korea. Never really thought about it like that. Taiwanese don’t seem to want to make products that are good for themselves. Though he might be basing it mainly on the fashion industry.

2 Likes

Seems to identify as being Taiwanese but states he is “from” Taiwan but he’s “not Taiwanese on paper.” Don’t know where he grew up but his English is nowhere near native level.

1 Like

i like his points about the taiwanese work environment. although he admitted he just accepted the bs so i think he could of got his point across better if he actually took some action instead of taking it. the white privilege stuff is better off skipped.

About the pension scheme/scam mentioned in episode 7 (yes I have too much free time today), the Supreme Court said a few years ago that if you start a new company on paper but keep almost everything the same as in the old company, you’re still liable. How well enforced this is is another question.

One more thing, he mentions that profit sharing was used as a lure or as compensation. I don’t know the details of that case, but profit sharing may not be in an employee’s best interest because it can be used as evidence of non-employment. (“It’s a co-operative relationship because both sides benefit!”:rolling_eyes:)

1 Like

self defense you can I’m 6
wins and zero loses. no court cases , just provoke them to attack first under cctv

I have to admit, I actually know alot of foreign and local people that say, and to quote the video, “f*** Taiwan”.

Maybe new people considering moving to Taiwan should watch this first for an alternate perspective.

God I just watched that for the first time. Takes some balls to claim discrimination when your English is as awful as that guy’s.

Dude sounds like some sort of Asian-American caricature from Hangover 4.

It’s hard to take anyone who considers local women dating white men a problem seriously. Whoever would mention this crap is usually a total dimwit.

The fact that he claims Taiwan to be expensive also makes it really hard to watch his videos. I honestly feel like people who say that are just being bitter for bitterness’ sake. The groceries are more expensive here (which is the case everywhere in Asia), and maybe the electronic stuff, that’s it. It’s like they’ve never heard of this little thing that eats up most of young people’s income called rent, which is absolutely horrific relative to wages pretty much everywhere else.

Finally, his tone and his voice are so fucking annoying. Like seriously shut the fuck up.

just another bitter wannabe abt, i doubt he was born and grew up in the us. his english, especially the subtitles, are really bad.

48 AM

really, what’s his point?? either i don’t get the logic or his just randomly trying to defend his stupid non-sense bs because some buxiban laoban rejected his application.

anyways, good he found a career as a youtuber. no need for skills, knowledge or experience. just reinforce the stereotypes and wear shitty hipster clothes and cut faster than you actually speak and success will come to…oh, and maybe film some dead people hanging on trees while you’re there…smh