YoYo Card reader slant or flat, what say you?

Really? What if you’re well over 30 but also a student? I’ve got a student card because I’m in a graduate program, and I’ve been happily using it for a couple of years now. Am I about to change from unknowingly breaking the law to knowingly doing so? Amusing if it’s illegal: my MRT card IS my student ID card, and that includes my birth date on it.

Stupid name … YoYo card … no wonder many forget to take it back! Who wants to carry around a YoYo card … why is it called a YoYo card in the first place … and slanted or not, I don’t care … :doh:

The official English name is Easy Card. “Yoyo” is from the Chinese name 悠遊卡, or relaxing travel card.

the name gives the card a new slant ?

maybe it signifies that you take it out and put it back and take it out and put it back , etc.

But the readers can read the card thru ur wallet no? I just take out my wallet and put that on the reader, seems to work. I wouldnt leave my wallet behind on the counter.

so i think slanted reader is nice. forces u to hang onto the card.

That would seriously slow down entry into MRT stations. I get irritated by people even hesitating for a second in front of the turnstile.

That would seriously slow down entry into MRT stations. I get irritated by people even hesitating for a second in front of the turnstile.[/quote]

Then register the cards, like we do in London with the Oyster Card. Simples. :smiley:

The criticism is excessive, but there is a solution to this problem, which is to train staff to return their cards to the customers with the receipt, like they do in grocery stores elsewhere.

Really? What if you’re well over 30 but also a student? I’ve got a student card because I’m in a graduate program, and I’ve been happily using it for a couple of years now. Am I about to change from unknowingly breaking the law to knowingly doing so? Amusing if it’s illegal: my MRT card IS my student ID card, and that includes my birth date on it.[/quote]

Dunno. I got a nice scolding under the same circusntances: I was a bona fide graduate students at Chengda, using my student card, and got the song and dance at buses and MRT. Apparently, by student they mean particularly high school students, or undergraduates. We oldies stand in the crowd. :smiley:

7-11 staff tells you that you can take your card back …

7-11 staff tells you that you can take your card back …[/quote]

Most employees tell you not to forget, but that’s not quite the same as directly handing you the card. It’s sort of like the problem with doctors not washing their hands between patients.

I’ve been using a different yo-yo easy card recently, and it doesn’t seem to have the power as my other yoyo card.

My previous yoyo card I can leave it in my wallet or bag and it would scan at the MRT or convenience store easily. This current yoyo card, I have to take out of the bag and place it directly on the scanners and then sometimes it takes extra time to be read.

I think Electronics usually either work or don’t work, and are not based on the power. What do you think?

It used to be that way. Engineers have now simplified things for us, so that today nothing works.

The slow read time or reduced read range could be due to any number of things. The actual read/write transaction takes a couple of milliseconds, but behind the card reader is a whole bunch of networking stuff, databases, “clouds”, and who-knows-what newfangled modern bullshit invented with the specific purpose of wasting CPU cycles and user life-minutes.