Zain Dean conviction--fatal hit & run case PART IV

It’s not surprising to me that you wouldn’t be too disappointed about that.

[/quote]

CJ, I am firmly of the opinion that you are a thoroughly great egg(meaning he is awesome sauce). So may I ask why you are not surprised about what I said?

It’s not surprising to me that you wouldn’t be too disappointed about that.[/quote]

CJ, I am firmly of the opinion that you are a thoroughly great egg. . . .[/quote]

Thanks! even though I think Ermintrude’s signature (“You are not good people”) is more applicable to a guy like me. For the record, though, I think you’re a great egg, too.

Sorry to be so saucy.

It’s not a strictly personal thing, and I don’t think I’m better than you (in fact, for all I know, you may be a much better person than I); it’s just that I think that there’s a tendency for these things follow the pattern of Miles’ Law:

In this case, I’m not merely (or even necessarily) referring to one’s geographical seat.

Charlie Jack, this is really how I feel when you like one of my posts.

I thought Scotland was already paying:

[quote]How much does it cost to keep someone in prison?
The average cost per prisoner place in 2011-12 was £32371.[/quote]–Scottish Prison Service, “Frequently Asked Questions” sps.gov.uk/faq.aspx#FAQno21

[quote]The Sunday Post has learned [Scottish] prison bosses fork out an average of £2.41 a day for inmates’ food, although the budget in some jails is higher.[/quote]–Gordon Blackstock, “More is being spent feeding prisoners than sick patients,” The Sunday Post, January 12, 2014 sundaypost.com/news-views/sc … s-1.175465

Been over a month since anyone has commented on this case. Anything new? Must have been a court appearance or two in the last 5 weeks, no?

Next hearing is late April, forgot the date.

April 28, actually, found the date on another web site.

And every day, he remains locked away. Probably somewhere like Addiewell.

[quote=“Nuit”]And every day, he remains locked away. Probably somewhere like Addiewell.

[/quote]

Looks better than a Taiwan jail.

I feel sorry for him, the poor guy must need a holiday, he has been in for 6 months now?

This is likely all part of a plan to have him serve some time there so when the extradition is rejected nobody will have lost face.

I doubt he will ever see the inside of a Taiwan jail cell.

[quote=“dan2006”]This is likely all part of a plan to have him serve some time there so when the extradition is rejected nobody will have lost face.

I doubt he will ever see the inside of a Taiwan jail cell.[/quote]

And the motivation of the Scottish government is?

Occam’s razor tells me that the simplest explanation is true. They are locking him up not to make the Taiwanese happy - they likely do not care a jolt. They lock him up because he is a flight risk.

Also, you imply that the Scottish judge is talking instructions from the politicians on how to handle this. That is something we accuse the Taiwan judges of, not the Scottish ones.

The motivation is good relations with your neighbors. And why would Scotland care if he runs, its not their fugitive.

Im sure the sensitivity of the situation has been brought to the attention of the Scottish government and im sure the judge is aware of it too. They may be trying to come to some agreement.

Anyway he won’t be back. I’ll bet you a dinner at Friday’s to that effect

I take that bet.

Sorry for being obtuse, however i did not know that Scotland and Taiwan were neighbors.

The Scottish authorities might care about someone getting off the hook for manslaughter, it might be seen as right, who knows?

Like the laws of physics, Occam’s razor does not apply in Taiwan.

He’s not in Taiwan.

Well, how about his shaving apparatus?

I would take that Occam’s razor works well in Scotland.

But Zain has been in for 6 months, where should he go for a break?

Yeah - sorry, my mistake. I obviously knew he was in Scotland, but for some reason I had a brain crash.

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2489565

He will live an asset-light existence going forward.