Zippo Lighter

sure, they can be inconvenient (i’ve owned a few so i know that there are many times where a zippo is no where near as reliable as a cheapo convenient store disposable)…but i’ve been a bit curious as of late…
it started out just as curiosity…the thought of a zippo popping in my head every so often…but after not having seen a single one for several weeks…i’m starting to develop a “want what i can’t have” complex…

anybody know of anywhere in taipei where i could get my hands on one? and some fuel for that matter…or has there been some sort of secret ban against zippo lighters that i don’t know about? :laughing:

Ximanding, 4th floor in the Military surplus shop has them, look around there should be other stores too.

The “goth” type places in nightmarkets usually have them. You know, the ones which have dark clothes and little plastic demon figures and glass balls and such.

I’ve got a full can of Zippo fuel if you want it.

Shingkong at Taipei City MRT. I forget which building, but they got them, and all of the parts.

PM me your address and I’ll mail/give you a Zippo. I have a few of them, they used to give them out when you bought a 6 pack of Ashai beer.

marboulette

hey guys! thanks for all the replies/offers! i actually picked one up today at ximen! :fume:

You can just buy a can of naphtha at a gas station (去澤油) and use that as fuel… they’re the same thing as zippo fuel but much cheaper (45nt a can)

Cool! That’s about half price! I’ll check it out. I think I’m gonna try to pick up another Zippo soon and paint me one of those shark lighters from X2; I got bored yesterday and made stencils for it so maybe I’ll give it a go.

Cool! That’s about half price! I’ll check it out. I think I’m gonna try to pick up another Zippo soon and paint me one of those shark lighters from X2; I got bored yesterday and made stencils for it so maybe I’ll give it a go.[/quote]

Yea just don’t post your avatar in the pet forum… they got no sense of humor regarding things like that… as far as zippo I don’t know because I don’t smoke so all I will be using lighters for is lighting fireworks, so im ok with those bic lighters.

Ha ha. I bet I know what you use that naphtha for…

g…
u…
i…
t…