1,000 Russians hostages of Chechen fighters

[color=black]Russia siege goes into third day
Russian negotiators have renewed talks with the armed group holding hundreds of hostages in a North Ossetian school, as the siege enters its third day.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3623088.stm[/color]

Yes, but why are you posting this on Forumosa?

[color=black]Bloody end to Russia school siege
Russian troops have stormed the school in North Ossetia, where hundreds of children and adults have been held hostage since Wednesday.
A Russian commander says Russian troops are nearly in full control, says the BBC’s Steve Rosenberg.
But sporadic gunfire can still be heard and the fate of many of the children held by the gunmen is unclear. [/color]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3624024.stm

I would also like to know why you are posting this here.

Obviously not of interest on Forumosa because it doesn’t involve America or Iraq, although it is misplaced in the human righs forum.

Baloney, just pulling stuff from CNN or some other news agency and throwing it up here without any thought or comment is a waste of our time.

This is a chat forum, not a place to simply repost news articles. If we want news we go to a news site.

[quote]This is a chat forum, not a place to simply repost news articles. If we want news we go to a news site.
[/quote]
Exactly. WTF do you think, rscaru? That no-one here has a computer? That no-one reads the papers? That no-one has a TV?
Either have a point or save yourself the bother. :unamused:
Meanwhile, here’s a good recipe for ginger scones. Sorry, unlike rscaru, I can’t further burden the site with big slow-loading pics.

Put like that I can see where you are coming from, as it should involve some sort of disscussion, but be easy on the guy.

Edit: I take that back after reading some of the other posts Rcasru has started.

I notice that ever since 9-11, the wire services have been taking the Russian perspective instead of the Chechen perspective. Think about it–when was the last time you read an article about Russian atrocities against Chechens?

Yes they’ve gone from “freedom fighters” to “terrorists”. I wonder retrospectively how the IRA would be painted if they were they still bombing in today’s media climate.

The Chechen fighters got fairly sympathetic western media coverage in the early 90s, but this school disaster is an unmistakable act of terrorism, and Russian officials have been reported as saying international elements are among the terrorists.

[color=black]Slaughter of the children
By Julius Strauss in Beslan
(Filed: 04/09/2004)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/09/04/wruss04.xml[/color]

[quote=“sandman”]
Meanwhile, here’s a good recipe for ginger scones. Sorry, unlike rscaru, I can’t further burden the site with big slow-loading pics.[/quote]
Actually that looks like a pretty good recipe. Do you mind posting some pics of the end product? :wink: At least that would be something that we all can’t ALREADY FIND ON JUST ABOUT EVERY FUCKING NEWS SITE ON THE INTERNET.

[color=black]CIA and MI6 are continuing to play the Muslim card against the ex-Soviet Union.[/color]