1 phase vs. 3 phase 220v AC

[quote=“Shenme Niao”]Though most of the time the big
sockets are 220. But they should be 120 out of phase not 180.
I bet you could get a cheap multi-meter here and just see WTF
its providing.[/quote]

I probed with my meter too and it read 220V… As far as the phase shift the scope does not lie…

Does the US use 110V or 120V ?

forum.allaboutcircuits.com/lofiv … /t880.html
It looks like, both in US and Taiwan, they use split-phase, which
let’s them take a single phase and make 2 phases 180 degrees apart,
and run them to your house. And get 120 or 240, wiring them as
I described above.

Wikipedia says:

Two phase
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Two-phase electrical power was used in some early 20th century factories and the distribution systems that served them. It utilized two phases, 90

[quote=“Connel”]So the previously mentioned 208V is just fiction ? or do some people in Taiwan also have 110V from 2 phases at 120

I think they should use AC/DC like they do in Australia.

It’s actually not that critical. Most devices are designed to do at least +/- 10% tolerance on voltage, and many will tolerate +/- 20% voltage without problems. (I remember at least that much from high school electronics shop.)

180 is/must be correct: L1 will be +110V and L2 will be -110V then, giving 220V across.
This is confirmed by Connel’s scope measurement.

Hi,

It looks like those joining this tread know a bit about how the Electricity system works. So I wondering if anyone could assist me in figuring out my Electricitybill.

I live in a rooftop apartment that has an Electricity meter but I don’t get a bill because I don’t think it is technically an illegal structure (I don’t have a postbox either). So the bill goes to my landlady, who lives on the floor below, she noted the number of the meter a month ago ( I just moved in) and came yesterday to take the next reading as the 2 month period was up.

Here are the meter numbers:

15558 on 3rd of May
16042 on 4th of june

What are units are these numbers in?

She calculated the difference as 484 and multiplied that by 3.3 (I have no Idea where she gets this number) and I paid her NT1597.

A local friend of mine says it is way to high. The landlady is really nice I don’t think she would delibrately overcharge me.

But I don’t use that much power. My AC is old but I mostly use fans. Is there something I’m missing??

Cheers
avc3163