1 week - 2 shows of Improv Comedy - Oct 4 and 9

The Taichung Improv Group will be performing in Taipei (October 4) and Taichung (October 9).

Using your suggestions and simple game structures, we make scenes without a script. The comedy that results is fast, quick witted, physical and funny. Nothing is ever the same. Nothing stays the same.

We are bringing our full length show to Taipei on October 4 at the Taipei Comedy Club. $300 gets you in the door and gets you a free drink at the bar. The club takes reservations and it is strongly recommended you call or write the club to reserve a seat, as our shows in Taichung and Changhua have been performed for a “standing room only” crowd after all the seats were taken. The Taipei Comedy Club is located at:

B1, No.24, Taishun St., Da-an District, Taipei (Near Shida area) 台北市泰順街24號
0223693730 is their phone number or you can reserve tickets by e-mailing social@comedy.com.tw

Our 2nd show for that week is the best way to kick off a 3 day weekend. It’s been a tough week and you need a good laugh. Come see us at the Londoner October 9 at 21:45. Tickets are NT$250, free drink included. Audience participation is encouraged.

A hilarious mix of random fun meets out of this world nuttiness!
For some video samples, visit
myspace.com/TaichungImprov

We hope to see you there.

Good on yer for providing entertainment to the barbarians stranded on this fair isle. What are the venue details for Taichung October 9 show?

It will be at the Londoner. It is at:
台中市華美西街一段143號
Or 143 Hua Mei West St. Section 1. It’s right by the canal.

Tickets have not been made yet, but should be made soon. Once they are made, you can purchase tickets from the bar or from someone in the improv group. Or you can also just wait until the night of the event. Seating for that venue is first come, first served. It has a large upstairs that seats about 60-65 people. We have had people have to stand for our shows because there weren’t enough seats, so it’s a good idea to get there early if you can.

They recently put in a new air conditioner, which is a nice bonus. (The A/C was broken the day of the last show).

The ticket price includes a beer. It’s usually a bottle of Heinekin. I’ll double check with the Londoner to confirm that.

Finally, you’re coming to Taipei for a full-length show. I really think you guys/gals have great chemisty/stage presence, but what keeps me coming back is that every show is different. This show is going to rock!

In fact, I’ll run through 西門丁naked if they don’t get you laughing…at least once[color=#EFEFEF] the m/c shuts up[/color]:wink:

We had a great crowd last night. Thanks to everyone that made it out.

My favorite moments (in no particular order):
–Dinosaurs for “Director’s Cut.”
–Eating on the MRT with emotional rollercoaster
–The sentences we picked up during Paper Chase were flawless

The ideas came from the audience, so all our shows are very different. Remember there’s another show Thursday at the Londoner in Taichung. The time for the Londoner show has changed to 10:15. A few of our improvers are from out of town (Hsin Shu and Taipei) and decided they CAN make it to the show, so a later start time will give us a much better show.

Matt

Well done, I heard it was a great show.

Thanks, Hartley.

Social has done a lot to make that comedy club a great place for comedy. It’s comfortable and there is a great feel to the place. You had a great set last time I was there. My only regret is that it’s half a country away or I’d make it up for more shows.

Too bad I missed it. When are you coming back to Taipei?

I’m meeting with Josh tonight to go over whatever plans for our next show. I’ll ask about doing the comedy club again for a full show.

The next show we’re definitely doing in Taipei is in November…I think November 1st? I’m a little rushed and at work right now, so can’t look, but check out
english.comedy.com.tw

We’re part of a full show including stand up, improv, and (of course) your favorite ventriloquist.

Matt

Where are StrayDog, Metrosexual, and Big Fluffy Matthew in this thread? Don’t you know you need to be heckled to DEATH before your shows? I wouldn’t want them to waste 300 whole nt, when they can just try and ridicule your efforts for free.

Sing Melancholy Baby!

[quote=“mike_rophonechecker”]Where are StrayDog, Metrosexual, and Big Fluffy Matthew in this thread? Don’t you know you need to be heckled to DEATH before your shows? I wouldn’t want them to waste 300 whole nt, when they can just try and ridicule your efforts for free.[/quote]I only heckle people I know personally and know I’m not being serious, besides I wouldn’t want to heckle anyone to death.

Except maybe Hartley.

Can I see a sketch about a penguin in a chemist shop please? In the style of science fiction.

Metrosexual is second post down, I’m here, and Fluffy is one above me. Hope that helps.

BTW, mike_rapusername, you wouldn’t be stalking me now, would ya? :whistle:

double post

Metrosexual is second post down, I’m here, and Fluffy is one above me. Hope that helps.

BTW, mike_rapusername, you wouldn’t be stalking me now, would ya? :whistle:[/quote]

I don’t know, are you a total nimrod in all your posts? And you wouldn’t be altering my user name now would you?

Where are your examples of rasping wit? I would detest the suggestion that only SOME comedians are in need of your heckling. Even though you spout some lame altruistic sentiments in your defence.

I suggest you wake up to the reality of your cruel persona. It is terribly unbecoming and rather boorish.

Alternatively, spam this thread with your abhorrent put-downs just to keep things consistent.

BTW, mike_rapusername, you wouldn’t be stalking me now, would ya? :whistle:[/quote]

I don’t know, are you a total nimrod in all your posts? And you wouldn’t be altering my user name now would you?

Where are your examples of rasping wit? I would detest the suggestion that only SOME comedians are in need of your heckling. Even though you spout some lame altruistic sentiments in your defence.

I suggest you wake up to the reality of your cruel persona. It is terribly unbecoming and rather boorish.

Alternatively, spam this thread with your abhorrent put-downs just to keep things consistent.[/quote]

You invited me here, dude. :loco:

Chill. Go watch some comedy. :beatnik:

Painful retort. Even I am ashamed of that rejoinder. Such a banal platitude. Poor you.

And you called me dude. I am indeed a dapper dandy. Thanks verily for the nod.

I look forward to your latest heckles with baited breath.

I think you’re failing to discern one who heckles with one who wishes to interact…and…

fyi…Metrosexual was the m/c for this awesome show:[quote=“metrosexual”]…In fact, I’ll run through 西門丁naked if they don’t get you laughing…at least once the m/c shuts up;)[/quote]

Thanks again Taichung Improv for the chance to try all new comedy…You were totally on your game! Everyone I talked to had a great time.

Metro (aka Kurt Penney)

ps I’m still laughing at that MRT skit…and Thomas’ “Worst Hypnotist”…although, Matt’s response got everyone cheering too :wink:

pps And yes…(If you can’t make it to Taichung for their next show,) you’ll still be able to catch (a taste of) Taichung Improv on Sat. Nov. 1st at our next stand up comedy show: comedy.com.tw/files/kurt1s.jpg

HA! HA! HA! Stray Dog is a boorish.

I think you’re failing to discern one who heckles with one who wishes to interact…and…

Sir, I think some people are failing to discern between bully and sully. If those words indeed rhymed I would be smiling more at my witticism.

Let the chips fall where they may.