10 things to be wary of in Ghost Month

Plenty of evidence of ghosts now huh.[/quote]

I’m so scared that I need to take a poop but I’m afraid of being swallowed by the W.C. or the ghosts inside… :frowning:[/quote]

That’s not the worst thing in a WC. Have you watched/read “Dreamcatcher”?

Plenty of evidence of ghosts now huh.[/quote]

I’m so scared that I need to take a poop but I’m afraid of being swallowed by the W.C. or the ghosts inside… :frowning:[/quote]

That’s not the worst thing in a WC. Have you watched/read “Dreamcatcher”?[/quote]
Nope. Should I?

People actually say W.C.? I mean, non-Taiwanese people actually say W.C.? Or is this a “Spain English” thing, too?

Do you mean that I use a lot of Spaninglish terms? :smiley:

Nah, it’s just that I didn’t want to use the term “toilet”, but one more specific :smiley:. In Spanish I’d have used “váter” (from water closet, I presume :P).

You compliant!!! Wait until you get a leap year with two 7th month. Hell Gate will open twice.

I remember my grandmother wondering if she needed to do everything twice one leap year that I happened to spend the summer with her. Eating full table full of good Tainan home cooking!!! Those were the days.
I miss my Ah ma.

[quote=“jmcd”]You compliant!!! Wait until you get a leap year with two 7th month. Hell Gate will open twice.

I remember my grandmother wondering if she needed to do everything twice one leap year that I happened to spend the summer with her. Eating full table full of good Tainan home cooking!!! Those were the days.
I miss my Ah ma.[/quote]

Nonsense. So only Chinese ghosts are allowed to come out during Ghost month? What about Halloween?

Western ghosts aren’t permitted out. Otherwise, we would have noticed Ghost Month back home centuries ago. It all makes perfect sense. Of course. Just smile and nod.

The pointed nose ghosts that were stuck on Taiwan and too confused to go back to where they came from (those ocean ghosts in the foreign countries do not know how to call their family member’s soul home to RIP) can come out. Just follow the Taiwanese flat nose ghosts.

With Halloween you only get some candies, not good Tainan home cooking. Plus I am too old to wear French maid costume. No fun.

Do you mean that I use a lot of Spaninglish terms? :smiley:

Nah, it’s just that I didn’t want to use the term “toilet”, but one more specific :smiley:. In Spanish I’d have used “váter” (from water closet, I presume :P).[/quote]

Well, No one does say W.C., but writing WC is shorter than “toilet”. Barely shorter than “bog” or “john”, but not everyone does get it.

In spanish we usually say euphemisms depending on what’s the business:

[spoiler]For defecation:
Ir de vientre (go by the bowels)
Plantar un pino (plant a pinetree)
Poner un fax al rey (send a fax to the king)
Echar el tronco al aserradero (put the trunk in the lumbermill)
Estar como una abeja con el aguijón fuera (like a bee with the stinger out)
Asomando la rata (the rat is peeking out)
Tener una reunión con el Sr. Roca (Having a meeting with Mr. Roca - Roca is both a surname and the most famous brand of toilet furniture)
Liberar a Willy (free Willy)
Hacer un exorcismo (perform an exorcism)
Liberar a los rehenes (free the hostages)
Poner un huevo (lay down an egg)
… and many more.

For urination:
cambiar el agua al canario (change the canary’s water)
cambiar el agua de las olivas (change the olives’ water)
marcar territorio (marking territory)
responder la llamada de la naturaleza (answer the nature’s call)
… and some regional variants.[/spoiler]

Tener a Jordan colgado del aro…