100% No Longer The Only Good Grade?

I’ve been noticing over the past few years, a decrease in the number of parents demanding 100% of their child on tests as the ONLY acceptable grade. I still get kids who tell me about how their parents beat them for only getting 98 of course, but far less than a few years ago.

Several of my students now say their parents reward them as long as they get over 90%. Has anyone else noticed this relaxing of unreasonable expectations?

[quote=“Ktownboy”]I’ve been noticing over the past few years, a decrease in the number of parents demanding 100% of their child on tests as the ONLY acceptable grade. I still get kids who tell me about how their parents beat them for only getting 98 of course, but far less than a few years ago.

Several of my students now say their parents reward them as long as they get over 90%. Has anyone else noticed this relaxing of unreasonable expectations?[/quote]

It seems to me that over the past few years the educational environment has become notably more relaxed overall.