100 Persons hired by the gov this week seek out kindergarten

Just got this text message from a friend saying that the gov hired 100 people this week to seak out foreigners working at kindergardens. Is this true? Anybody heard anything?

Watch out! They may be prowling about in the forums as well.

The government’s outlawing of foreigners teaching kindergarten is completely irrational, not to mention paranoid.

Well, that should take care of 1/8 of Taipei.

I heard the story.They said the 100 people were for the Taichung area only.

There was something on the Chinese channels that they weren’t gonna do it anymore.To many parents complained.

Which story do you believe.There is a new one everyday.

I heard another one saying that they are going to check all foreigners bank acc,and if you have alot of cask in there,they will freeze your acc and ask some questions.

THEY CAN’T DO THIS,CAN THEY.

Watch out and believe whatever you want,no one knows the truth.

[quote=“rassie”]I heard another one saying that they are going to check all foreigners bank acc,and if you have alot of cask in there,they will freeze your acc and ask some questions.
[/quote]

Whew! There isn’t anything in there. My wife’s account on the other hand :smiling_imp::astonished:

What is “seak out”?
seak
n. Soap prepared for use in milling cloth.
These people are going to turn the illegal “English teachers” into soap?

Someone said they saw on the news the other day that they’ll be checking in at kindergartens this month and writing down the names of foreigners found working at kindergartens and giving warnings to the school. Next month they’ll start deporting foreigners

And the month after that they’ll have some brand new, unrelated thing to crack down on.

I must be crackers, keeping up with the news on Forumosa.com. What am I thinking?

Nothing much will come of it.

If I were the president, I would never get rid of so many human shields that could be used to protect the country from an invasion by Ch**a. Taiwan is safer because of the expats living here.

Pfft, that’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. You really think that most of them would even stick around if they so much as heard a whisper China was invading?

They’re spending huge ammounts of money to make it clear to anybody who has any sense. I would stay.

Ok, so, it is true. They are getting serious. When I say serious I mean that it could last for a few months before it all blows over.

Heads down.

And another thing. Outlaw teaching English to those under the age of six. Cripes, I’d better stop teaching my son then.

Can you imagine another country basically oulawing a language? I can’t.
Surely it is the choice of the parent’s and if they want their kids to learn a language they shouldn’t be hindered.

That’s not quite accurate.

The MOE says that it is illegal for foreign teachers to teach English to children under the age of 6 (although I fail to see how this can be true of those married to Taiwanese spouses).

The MOE forbid the teaching of those under 6 in immersion English programs, but allows up to half-day English.

Or am I wrong?

Brian

That’s not quite accurate.

The MOE says that it is illegal for foreign teachers to teach English to children under the age of 6 (although I fail to see how this can be true of those married to Taiwanese spouses).

The MOE forbid the teaching of those under 6 in immersion English programs, but allows up to half-day English.

Or am I wrong?

Brian[/quote]

Half-day English. Ah, but a foreigner cannot work legally in a kindergarten and a buxiban is not supposed to have children under 6 years old as students (although this is not LAW yet). So, either way foreign teachers are screwed. :astonished:

Bi-lingual kindergartens could teach English but only if they meet the guidlines set by the MOE, and those guidlines suck.

Anyway, they are going after everyone, but they are going to get the immersion schools first. However, if you happen to be a foreign teacher in a kindergarten you are in a sticky situation at the moment. Give it two months though and it should be forgotten about.

Teaching my son, I was just kidding about that. :wink:

Problem is that the demand is still there and most businesses follow the rule of supply and demand.

I don’t see what the big deal is, really. How are children going to be harmed by learning English.

Well, we got a visit from one of the MOE dimwits. She didn’t even get half a sentence out before my wife blasted her for deriliction of duty and incompetence. We’ve filed numerous complaints about the plethora of unlicenced Bushibans in the area that have been completely ignored. As the only licenced Bushiban in a 5Km radius, I told her if they didn’t start doing something I was going to start holding the MOE responsible for our lost revenues.

Goes without saying that within 10 minutes she was backpedaling out the door with her initial investigatory duties un-acomplished. I am quite serious about shutting these places down, we went through a very expensive hell to get licenced and an awful lot of them are aggressively targeting our students. I did not come to Taiwan to be a social welfare system for people not willing/able to jump through the same hoops that I did :-).

Her initial question that went unanswered was “How old is your youngest student?” so I think there is some truth to these rumors. All future responses to visits from the MOE HERE will be “Enforce the existing laws and regulations before you bring the new ones to us.”

shoot ac, you’re only a hop,skip, and a jump away from me.

Where are you? (and should I take you offa my bushiban hit list :astonished: :laughing: )