1000cc sportbike first bike crash story/ riding pants

it’s just like regular Jeans fabric…black color…and only cost around $2,000-$3,000 (I don’t remember exactly)…anyway, it’s much cheaper than regular riding pants

[quote=“StreetSpec”]it’s just like regular Jeans fabric…black color…and only cost around $2,000-$3,000 (I don’t remember exactly)…anyway, it’s much cheaper than regular riding pants[/quote]Hmmm…

Jeans with just “knee and waist protectors”, and no anti-abrasion fabric, sound not a great deal better than regular jeans. For the knee protectors to be any good, they would be quite bulky, and could look out of place under jeans.

If I were going to get some protective pants that could be worn anywhere without attracting attention, I’d get something like the Draggin’ Jeans. But for cool and more complete protection, my AXO pants made from Cordura, with CE armour for the knees and shins, are pretty good. And Dainese make similar products.
onyerbike.net/dainese_pantst.php

I’ve been reading some very sobering data on accidents lately and I don’t think I will ever ‘just wear x today’ again. Most accidents happen at intersections and at low speeds so it bugs me when I hear people say ‘I won’t bother wearing my xx gear today because I’m only riding around town’. I’m sure the more experienced riders here will back me up on this, but in ~80,000km of riding to date excluding my initial few weeks, every single accident has happened under 50km/h, at an intersection and not my fault (twice while stopped completely - how are your riding skills going to help there?) I don’t have expensive gear but what I do have I wear every single ride, without exception. An NT$1000 jacket that you wear is better than an NT$20,000 jacket that you don’t.

Good post.