100NT Haircuts

Carrefour in Jubei opened a new kiosk . Haircuts for 100NT. Just cut , no wash. I need a haircut but this week have to go to Tokyo for some big meetings. Might try when I return. Has anyone had a Carrefour haircut?

I just want a cut no expectations that I will come out looking like Brad Pitt or Mayor Ma. I guess the latter is considering God’s gift to women here and perhaps globally.

I wonder if the 70nt barber is still cutting hair on Lin-Sen Rd in Taipei. I used to go there more than a decade ago when I first lived in Taiwan at Formosa Hostel. The guy was hilarious, he had to stand a stool just to cut my hair with me sitting in his barber chair, and then his belly would push into me while he was doing it.

I got him to give me a mohawk once, but had to get a friend to draw a picture so he knew what I was talking about. I had to really convince him that was what I wanted, and he laughed the whole way through. Good fun.

mas

I gave up on haircuts in Taiwan. I bought myself a hair clipper and DIM. Looks much better than the 600NT cuts. Do miss the ladies though.

Don’t feel bad Bismark. My last cut and color was over 3,000 nt. And then I had to spend another 180 usd when I was home to have the color fixed. But the hairdresser wouldn’t touch the cut. He told me “This shit just has to grow out, baby. Oh my god.”
I would have been a lot better if I had gotten a 100nt haircut.

SuchAFOB wrote: [quote]Don’t feel bad Bismark. My last cut and color was over 3,000 nt. And then I had to spend another 180 usd when I was home to have the color fixed. But the hairdresser wouldn’t touch the cut. He told me “This shit just has to grow out, baby. Oh my god.”
I would have been a lot better if I had gotten a 100nt haircut.[/quote]

With your modeling/ad jobs, wouldn’t it be easier (and cheaper) to have short, simple hair and just use wigs?

[quote=“almas john”]
With your modeling/ad jobs, wouldn’t it be easier (and cheaper) to have short, simple hair and just use wigs?[/quote]
In the U.S., yes. Here, not so much.

Besides, my ass is too old to model anymore. So I gotta stick with the normal hair. Blah.

The best solution is not getting any haircuts… I had my last haircut when I left the military about a year ago…

I have a Taiwan haircut horror story to share too…

At the Shalu night market in Taichung there was a Hairdressing school/salon display with a presenter, microphone, big lights etc…

They were giving out prizes etc and if you put your name on a list, there were 3 students giving FREE!1! haircuts…

Long story short, the friends who took me thought it would be brilliant to put me on the list, because hey! Its free, right?

Worst.haircut.ever…

Somehow their technique resulted in making my hair really wispy and thin, and looked like a frickin helmet…

So from now on - no more free nightmarket haircuts

My suggestion?
Stay away from the “salons”, the obviously trans shops, The bullshit the all the glitz you see has to offer.
You wont find the cut for 100 nt, but you will find it for 300. Check the alleys. Look for the sprirling column that is red and white. If the windows are dark, don’t go in unless you are looking for sex.
Most of these chair style haberdasheries will chop your curls for 300 NT. Don’t negotiate. If you want some color, expect another 300 NT. That’s the prices. Chop the curls yourself or pay the price.

I’ve got a friend that regularly goes to the salon in the basement of one of the buildings at Shida University where there’s also a cafeteria. I believe it’s 100NT. He’s a Korean male (so you know what sex and hair type) and he’s happy with what they do to his head.

One day after getting my hair cut, that’s what I heard my students saying. What in the hell? At the time it really wasn’t registering because – I avoid hickeys, and also, no one had been kissing on my neck. SO I said “No way! I don’t have any strawberries anywhere.”

But upon investigation ---- yeah…the mirror tells no lies. WHat’s that? It looks just like a hickey…but …it’s wet.

Hmmm a weeping wound the color and size of a hickey. How did that get there?

DAMN!! That idiot hairdresser with her straight razor. She cut me! She must have known…and didn’t tell me.

I couldn’t complain because I got my haircut in some out of the way suburb and don’t know how to find that hair salon again. Be wary!

If you like a simple short haircut I really think its pretty easy to do it yourself with some clippers. Here in the states I bought mine for $15 and I’ve been cutting my hair for over a year with it, its a bargain, and its fun too. Everybody is surprised when I tell them I did it myself. I mean a haircut here costs about $15 anyway! I could buy new clippers every other time and still be saving money!

I still go to the NT$150 hairdresser lady in Neihu I’ve been going to for years.

the barber in Linsen North Road was still there in December when I last got a cut there. he is good as a barber, but I don’t imagine he would do much ‘stylish’ stuff. He doesn’t speak English at all though either, but I never had much problem even-so.

His cuts have gone up to $80 NT now.