10ft tall dog!

Not really, sorry, but I needed you to read this… My wife found a sweet little thing about to be mauled by a pack of street dogs and so she brought her home. She was obviously someones pet and is one good natured dog who loves to please. She’s about 8 years old and is a Lhasa mix. She’s around 7kg and is white with black spots. She gets along well with other dogs and doesn’t seem to care one way or the other about cats. We are retraining her to be house trained and she doesn’t chew or make a mess. You must keep in mind that she is an older dog and therefore has a few problems. Her teeth are especially bad and so she has stinky breath. The vet says that her back legs aren’t as good as they once were but he checked her for heartworm and she’s negative. She was obviously fed too much and not exercised but we’ve put her on a diet and a fitness regime and we can already see results. She is a low maintenance dog who needs a loving, permanent home. Please help her! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

can someone help me? i can’t seem to attach a picture, how do you do it? sorry i’m so lame… :help: :notworthy: :help: :notworthy: :help: :notworthy: :help: :notworthy:

I love Lhasas, and they are so cute - both appearance and personality. However, they’re hardly “low-maintenance.” The breed is also prone to joint problems, especially in the hind legs. She might be pretty well unable to walk in a couple of years. People should know what they’re getting into.

Thank you for your response. Ya, as i said, the vet said she has leg problems but as of today she was running outside and was dancing on her hind legs for a treat. It made me smile… actually, she makes me smile everytime i take her for a walk.
Being an 8 year old dog that was neglected, she’s not in the best shape and i tried to make that clear in my original post. It doesn’t mean that she is not enjoying life, she is.
I must, however, disagree with what you said about maintenance, she is a low maintenance dog. Maybe that’s because she is not purebred or maybe it’s because she’s old but she likes nothing better than to sleep on her cushion or to get her belly rubbed.
We are just trying to find her a loving home where she can spend her remaining, who know’s how long, days.
Help if you can, at least tell your friends. That’s all i can ask.
Thank you again for your response.

It was the “?v=0” at the end that was screwing it up. It doesn’t seem to do anything. I took it off.

[quote=“bababa”] She might be pretty well unable to walk in a couple of years.[/quote]Reading about how she danced on her hind legs today, I think that’s less than likely. She needs to lose weight with a healthy diet and she needs exercise. Looks like the OP is tending to that very well already. Being overweight is one of the leading cause of joints problems in dogs. Once she loses weight, she’ll be running like a puppy again. 7 years old is not old for a dog this size. Exercise is a great way to help the dog lose weight, and it’s also great to restore mobility and strength.

I recommend giving her some nutritional supplements with glucosamine and chondroitin. Ask your vet about it, and google it, too, to find out how it can help this pooch.

I also recommend having her scanned for a microchip if you haven’t done that already.

Well done, BTW. :bravo:

hey hey… thanks for the kind words and the help with the picture… i hope it will help
we got the vet to scan her for both types of chips but to no avail :frowning:
i hope someone can help us out soon, our house is already full with another rescued dog and a cat we found in a box :loco: