10k deposit deduction for drilled holes in wall

Do landlords just take the money or do they actually fix it? Do they have to provide bills? How is the law ?

Not for me, but if you have any publicly available information, like his Instagram account or better his phone number, you can post it or PM the OP. Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t mind the exposure.

Iā€™m asking him because Iā€™m not finding it on his facebook profile.

All I find is a very outdated wordpress site.

1 Like

I think he was a student then. Uber and paining may have been a side gig. He may be long gone, on to better things.

No heā€™s not a student, and heā€™s still here. He has a marriage visa that allows him open work rights, which is why he could do uber eats and paint.

He might be going through some stuff but I donā€™t think he will turn down any painting work.

Yeah, heā€™d have to be silly or lazy to do that (or perhaps just prefers complaining about not having money over taking advantage of convenient opportunities to make some). :whistle:

(I forgot about rule #1 of Forumosa: donā€™t bother wasting time trying to give constructive suggestions to TL. :roll:)

3 Likes

I give. I tried to find his info, but I canā€™t. His old insa is down. He may have moved on to better things. Anyway, check your local DIY place. The big ones may have a list of painters they sell to.

1 Like

Ha, I donā€™t mind the feedback. But there were no anchors, only a couple of nails which I removed. The concrete bulged out a bit which perhaps I couldā€™ve done a bit better job to flatten out. Biggest thing was the paint color isnā€™t very close, which makes it stick out more. I admit it was my first time to try covering up these kinds of holes, and I didnā€™t know at the time how picky the manager was going to be about it.

1 Like

Well I filled the holes with clay (which is what the managerā€™s girlfriend suggested), then smoothed it out best I could and painted over the clay. First time job, take it easy on me. :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah itā€™s just a bit tough for me to do it myself as I moved out to Danshui and my old place is in Taipei city center, and I work every day out here so donā€™t have a lot of time myself to work on it. Think Iā€™ll head into the city on Thursday (donā€™t start work until late afternoon) and dig around in my old neighborhood to see if I can find someone whoā€™d be able to help me out with the job (for a friendly fee of course). Ha, donā€™t think Iā€™d be able to stand having my restoration job rejected again, Iā€™d probably lose itā€¦

His instagram account is sunshinepaintingtw

1 Like

I can probably do it, the op is free to pm me if he wants that.

I gotta move out to close up shop and I got a ton of holes to fill too.

Or buy :grin:

1 Like

What happened to the wall? It looks like water leakage. Maybe just negotiate on how much. You have to pay someone anyway. My daughter rented a place from an agent here and when she moved I recorded video with the agentā€™s consent going round the house. I ended up paying around three thousand NT$ for various things, which was about right.

I just put a couple nails in the wall, tried to repair it but couldnā€™t match the colors up well enough. I went back today as the apartment manager said there might be some of the original blue paint in the apartment so that I could do an easier touch up, but there was none. Anyways didnā€™t have time to do it myself, but may have leads on a couple of people that can help me with it.

Ask the manager to get someone to do it, but they must send you the itemized bill. Then he cannot say the person who you chose to do it didnā€™t do a good job. Take a Taiwanese person with you or ask a Taiwanese person to call him, or better yet Line message or Email.