11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue

In my opinion the antipathy toward Nixon was much worse, by an order of magnitude.

He didn’t need to win the popular vote. That’s not how we do it.
Oh, stop.
He represents a good 62 million of us. That’s a whole lot.
Legally removed? How? Via voting? Or do you mean the democratic midterm win victory lap impeachment? And I remind you, impeachment does not equal removal from office.

I was like 5 dude.

I agree. If winning the popular vote had been Trump’s goal then maybe he’d have done it. Who knows.

What we do know is that he worked to achieve the votes it takes to win the Electoral College vote and he did exactly that.

This isn’t “winning.” This is just backtracking without improvement, diminishing the public’s faith in what is still very much a free press, and vague, meaningless nonsense, respectively.

The American people at large have yet to experience any greater quality of life. Nobody I know is “winning.” They are still struggling to get by, increasingly anxious about healthcare taking another blow, or about the planet melting, or about how they’re going to recover after catastrophic natural disasters that the administration does barely a thing about. They still have student loans out the ass. The last thing they’re doing is playing the stock market.

The right wing voters who aren’t part of the 1% aren’t winning, either. Their lives aren’t really getting any better. But they are happy just to drag others down to their level. It doesn’t matter that they’re voting against their own interests, because in the end, it’s not even really about winning, is it? It’s just about other people losing.

Like crabs in a bucket.

Disagree. Obama’s foreign policy, especially in the Middle East, was horrible. Obama’s treaties were horrible. Nothing would have changed in the climate, but the US would have seen its economy hobbled anyway. Trump has vastly improved the health of the US by undoing these parts of Obama’s legacy.

The “free press” is still very much free. What Trump has improved is this, he’s helped expose CNN, NYT, and other major press outlets as partisan news organizations. Another big improvement. For better or worse he’s also outflanked the Democrat press with Twitter. The “free press” never stood for a single election, and I have no problems at all when their political power is docked accordingly. Big fat improvement in my book.

MAGA is vague and meaningless, but it’s the kind of over-promised American dream myth that all Presidents must espouse in order to win. It’s also short, punchy, and very, very effective messaging.

Look, if you’re a US liberal or a US Democrat then you’re not happy, I get it. In fact, it’s what has contributed to - helped in no small part to lead us to - exactly the kind of hostile and toxic political environment you’re trying to hang around Trump’s neck only.

2 Likes

I will respectfully disagree. If you just look at the economy via the lenses of current employment and the stock market, things are better than they’ve been in a decade. Don’t fret the debt; it’s owed in US dollars and we make those ourselves. Student loans are a personal decision. One does not have to go to college, just like one does not have to own a car or a house. What one will have to do one day, god willing, is retire. By the time you and your friends get to that point, I sincerely hope you have decided to “play” the stock market, via 410ks, IRAs, stocks, bonds or real estate. And live within their means. You have to be in it to win it. I am. It’s great.

1 Like

Trump has been more of an ally to Taiwan, taiwan struggled during Obama’s administration sadly. His own advisors had to keep pushing him to sell weapons packages to Taiwan.

1 Like

Obama had checked out by 2014, become a shadow president. It was at least as damaging to the US as anything Trump has done. Obama couldn’t even be bothered to ramp up an attempt to push Merrick Garland’s Senate confirmation to the Supreme Court. He had become a joke.

What a laugh. FOX news is by far the most partisan of all. Blatant propaganda, really.

I’m not hanging this around Trump’s neck only. The entire conservative movement, their greed, and their obsession with other people losing is at fault. Most of them, aside from the filthy rich, are literally owning themselves just to own the libs.

It doesn’t matter what he’s done for the economy or stock market to your average person. It might as well be made-up. If people can’t feel a positive effect in their day-to-day lives, nothing might as well be happening.

And how could any of them have known before going into college just how difficult that would end up being for them later? We were told again and again that college was basically not optional if you wanted to be successful, that a high school degree just wouldn’t cut it anymore. How could any of them have known that they wouldn’t be able to find a job to pay off their degree? Even talented people with so-called “useful” degrees like computer science are having a hard time.

This is honestly just about the only thing I can say “well, at least” about when Republicans take power.

Agree.

I find the guy to be intellectually handicapped(watch almost any interview with him that involves some policy knowledge), but he def has been good for tw

Although, I wonder if it had been different under any other president. There has been a big shift in us attitudes concerning cn and that has helped tw

1 Like

We’re going to have to agree to disagree, then. I’m not here to change minds, and I think it’s now become obvious that even after two years you’re not able to see things objectively with regard to Trump.

Lol

Yes, and his gruff talk to the EU/NATO countries has opened their eyes a bit to the threat Russia still is, and tough trade talks and sanctions have China backing up on its heels. BTW he’s stacking the Courts with Conservative judges…like STACKING them.

It’s a shame that dickheads take what he says personally and get all empowered to act upon their inane agendas, but this happens in every administration. Trump is not so different. He’s just different. The guy lies on purpose seemingly to create chaos at CNN and then signs a NAFTA 2.0 later in the day. But he’s so different and the press is always playing catch up that even a horrible day like today is lost in the shadow of his combover. :doh:

1 Like

y’all are all just old as hell tbh.

I didn’t actually want to make this a discussion about Trump. It’s pointless. I really wanted to talk about how outright anti-Semitism has become so popular in the US, when we literally fought a war against it. It doesn’t make sense. If you watch old cartoons they beat up Nazis every other episode.

If you didn’t understand the risks of taking on the debt, you shouldn’t have done it the way you did. (Impersonal “you.”).

It does matter. It really does. Our economy is the foundation of the country and our way of life. It you don’t get that, no wonder you’re not feeling positive.

Okay, grandpa. It’s clear that you are too out of touch with the current generation to know how ineffectual you sound. Let’s leave it at that.

So, I am not from the US, but where I come from the foundation of our country and our way of live is not the economy. To see the economy as the foundation of your country would be seen where I come from fairly materialistic. So, can you clarify, just out of curiosity, if this in fact is the the case in the US ?

Where I come from we generally see the foundation of our country and our way of life our shared heritage, values, history, etc. Not the economy.

The young people I know work their asses off. They seem happy. Could be you. :idunno::grandpa:

Most of the anti-Semitism is coming from the left, seems to me. It’s lazy anti-Israel, granted, but the American left’s seemingly monolithic pro-Palestinian stance results in a lot of hatred for Israel and seems to justify saying lots of horrible things about Jews.

I read the Washington Post because of who comments there. Go to any story there about, say, the Gaza protests organized by Hamas. Read the comments to the story. Prepare yourself for a little casual anti-Semitism first, though, because I guarantee it will be there.

1 Like