11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue

Of course Trump bears some blame for it. Whether he likes it or not his words and actions are important to Americans because he’s President.

He’s called several times for more civility and less violence. In fact, it’s usually his first public comment after such events.

Again, what’s happening here is that his political enemies want him to become more traditionally presidential. He was elected to accomplish certain things, and he’s made the calculation to keep his supporters closest to him in order to do so. His political enemies know that if he becomes more traditional he would lose his base, and so naturally they want him to assume the traditional, Father of the US role as President in American civic life.

It’s not going to happen. He will never be the Father of the US; he doesn’t aspire to it and his base has never expected it of him.

He’s never going to be the kind of president that Democrats expect him to be. It would be political suicide for him. This is why most of his supporters completely ignore Democrats when they complain about his behavior.

Of course he thrives on it, he sees it as key to his party’s election results next month and to his reelection in 2020.

1 Like

How are the proud boys white supremacists? They have members of every race.

1 Like

They’re not allowed to masturbate. Regardless their racial mix, that’s just plain wrong.

1 Like

Probably they still rub one out to a picture of Hitler or something now and then.

1 Like

They seem like a pretty weird group, and McInnis is a misogynistic prick, but I see nothing that indicates they are white supremacists.

I have no idea of who the proud boys are, sounds like a stupid name but what do I care. Seems I learn more about alt right groups, or things like incels from the left leaning posters. Reminds me of Muslims I know obsessed about transgressions of females I knew nothing about and didn’t want to know about.

McInnis started it off as a white pride thing, but has since morphed it into a male pride thing. Just identity politics, of course.

If anyone wants to join I advise caution. Sounds like a lot of getting smacked up followed by some male bonding.

1 Like

Getting smacked around, getting tattoos, no masturbation? That’s a pass for me.

1 Like

Mate, I remember watching Fight Club when it came out and thinking “What’s going on here?”

Yeah, ever been in fight club, where you fight each other for entertainment. Yeah (seriously) been there, seen that and done it.

No more questions will be replied to though on this topic.

Speaking of Fight Club…

I wonder if Palahniuk would approve? He seems like a pretty left-wing guy.

1 Like

who doesn’t?

tenor%20(1)

2 Likes

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not. Too much internet for me today.

I honestly don’t know what his political views are, but critique of consumer society and capitalism are recurring themes in his work, so I’m guessing he skews to the left.

I have always thought of his body of work as being hypermasculine and “edgy” in theme and content. Feel like he might be a libertarian or something.

RIP any hope of any thread ever staying on topic.

1 Like

Are you assuming the gender of left-wing politics? :grin:

But seriously, yeah, he could easily be a libertarian or anarchist.

Pretty sure he’s a closeted homosexual as well as a closeted conservative. He also clams he coined the term “snow flake”

All my friends are always on his case for being as @Hanna said “hypermasculine and edgy”. A lot of my lib writer friends think he’s the daddy for alt-right lit.

This is my favorite short of his
https://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts

A friend of mine, when he was thirteen years old he heard about “pegging.” This is when a guy gets banged up the butt with a dildo. Stimulate the prostate gland hard enough, and the rumor is you can have explosive hands-free orgasms. At that age, this friend’s a little sex maniac. He’s always jonesing for a better way to get his rocks off. He goes out to buy a carrot and some petroleum jelly. To conduct a little private research. Then he pictures how it’s going to look at the supermarket checkstand, the lonely carrot and petroleum jelly rolling down the conveyer belt toward the grocery store cashier. All the shoppers waiting in line, watching. Everyone seeing the big evening he has planned.

Glad we stayed on topic on this thread.

I was under the impression that he was openly gay. Don’t know about the conservative part, but considering where he lives, I can see why he’d want to stay in the closet on that one.

Well like the saying goes

“It is easier to come out as gay then come out as a conservative”

lol

You probably just weren’t spending enough time hanging out with Americans in other parts of Asia. :2cents:

You would think so, yes, but then Richard Spencer goes and proclaims, “Hail Trump! Hail our leader!” and the crowd cheers. One of the tiki types at Charlottesville explained that what they really want is a leader who’s like Trump but “won’t give his daughter to a Jew”.

Fify.

In the context of where the discussion was sort of hovering earlier, your view comes across as, “What’s a few massacres compared to the horrors of Obamacare and all that?” I hope I’m just misreading you.

Before or after Watergate?

Why would they, in a free market? :money_mouth_face:

As long as celebrity culture has existed, careers have ended abruptly for all kinds of reasons. Free market, man. :rainbow:

Metooism doesn’t change that. I haven’t heard any metooists calling for the abolition of defamation laws.

Not mine, so far. :flying_saucer:

Mishima was also a critic of capitalism. :tumble:

The graph doesn’t really explain anything, because we don’t know how big each group is or how many new groups are actually splinter groups.

Discobot is also glad. :robot: