Latest Starbucks offers

Starbucks had a special today to buy one get one free. That isn’t so nice when you have to wait 30 minutes for 2 instead of 5 minutes for one.

By the way its Singles Day which I guess they don’t celebrate in Taiwan but they do in China.

1 Like

[quote=“tango42”]
By the way its Singles Day which I guess they don’t celebrate in Taiwan but they do in China.[/quote]

It’s like a cheese festival thing???

Never heard of it, but what the heck, sounds OK to me. :idunno:

1 Like

Sounds like time to pass the Buck, then. Damn their loss-leading, trying to crush any competition. Yesterday I had an espresso and got to borrow a whale-shaped pencil: hump and fins protuding. Try doing that in Starbucks.

1111 is a big shopping “holiday” thing in China. Here… not that much.

BTW, they already have the “controversial” red Starbucks cups here in Taiwan. :smiley:

For the cheese or for everything?

Guy

I totally agree that these two-for-one promotions are incredibly annoying. It’s bad for regulars; it’s worse for staff. On these days, stay the hell away!

Btw, What are these controversial red cups?

Guy

Starbucks has Christmas cups that in the past have had deeply spiritual Christian symbols like snowflakes and reindeer on them - you know, that stuff Christ had in the manger. This year, the cups are just red. This has led to some complaints about the secularization of the holiday.

It’s one of those internet things where I have a sneaking suspicion one twit complained, and is now at the center of a shitstorm. I’ve seen a bunch of articles laughing at / complaining about over-sensitive Christians, and a bunch of articles complaining about those complaints, but I very much doubt there was ever more than a handful of people who complained in the first place.

Starbucks promotion days: yup. Stay away. But I mostly go to Starbucks only for tutoring anyway. I wish a Cama place would open up out here in Danshui.

For the cheese or for everything?

Guy[/quote]

Cheese in China? :saywhat:

No, I mean like billion, a gazillion zillion money made on the Interwebs, as Chinese singles drown their sorrows -being single, having pressure from the family for being single- by busting their credit cards until they bleed shopping for fancy brand name clothes, luxury bags, etc…

Alibaba in China had 5 billion US dollars in sales in the first hour and a half after midnight.

The red cup controversy started with USA Republican politicians.

In China, there are just a bunch of sales online.

Are you supposed to celebrate being single or bemoan it? I mean … do I just stay at home watching what I want on TV and thanking my lucky stars that I never have to have the ‘Why don’t you English have mixer taps’ convo again?

40% of online sales in china are counterfeit goods or of dodgy quality. So a record breaking amount of fake shite just got sold…woo?

Counterfeit clothes still cover yer arse.

Counterfeit or not, if it has the brand name on top, it sells.

1111 seems to be a Chinese thing, not a Taiwanese thing. I have never encountered it in Taiwan, and had never actually heard of it until last year when a friend in China mentioned it.

I should make sure to visit Starbucks so I can get my Holiday Cup.

until the rubbish quality catches up with you (after wearing it once) then the trousers rip and your arse is out on show for the world to see.

You guys are really letting me down on the whole cheese thing, I was pretty excited there for a while, what the jeez?

until the rubbish quality catches up with you (after wearing it once) then the trousers rip and your arse is out on show for the world to see.[/quote]

You seem to care a lot about this issue. You should definitely start campaigning or something.

i was joking.

Uhuh.

[quote=“tango42”]Starbucks had a special today to buy one get one free. That isn’t so nice when you have to wait 30 minutes for 2 instead of 5 minutes for one.

By the way its Singles Day which I guess they don’t celebrate in Taiwan but they do in China.[/quote]
I had no idea there was a 2-for1 yesterday, so when I popped into Starbucks (in Nankan, Taoyuan) for a quick latte and look through my book, this is what I encountered:

I waited in that line for about 5 minutes before I finally came to my senses and left.