12 Huey flyby at 7:30 am in Muzha...WTF!?!

Whats with the 7:30 am low flying 12 Huey fly by over Muzha this morning?

It woke me up, damnit, from my beauty sleep! And sounded like the reds were invading! Nearly scared me out of my apartment in my birthday suit!

Is this a normal occurance I should be prepared for or what the friggen sea monkey reason are they doing this?

Everyday the last week in Sanxia … they are based somewhere nearby I think, sometimes they fly these double bladed lifters.

[quote=“derek1978”]Whats with the 7:30 am low flying 12 Huey fly by over Muzha this morning?

It woke me up…[/quote]

You ain’t up yet at 0730? Good thing you ain’t workin’ the duck farm.

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“derek1978”]Whats with the 7:30 am low flying 12 Huey fly by over Muzha this morning?

It woke me up…[/quote]

You ain’t up yet at 0730? Good thing you ain’t workin’ the duck farm.[/quote]

What self respecting waigouren would be up at 7:30 am on a Sunday of his own accord? Not this one at least!

Heh, you said “huey.”

Did you get that term from [Short Circuit]? I remember hearing that from the movie and using it all the time afterwards. I’ve never heard anyone else refer to choppers as hueys. Merrium-Webster agrees that it’s not a commonly used word (unless there’s another spelling.)

Now to be on-topic a bit, I remember hueys flying by my pad in Guandu from time to time. Haven’t seen’m in a long time though. I seem to remember someone saying they’re all militatry copters and there are no news choppers. I might be wrong though.

Heh, you said “huey.”

Did you get that term from [Short Circuit]? I remember hearing that from the movie and using it all the time afterwards. I’ve never heard anyone else refer to choppers as hueys. Merrium-Webster agrees that it’s not a commonly used word (unless there’s another spelling.)

Now to be on-topic a bit, I remember hueys flying by my pad in Guandu from time to time. Haven’t seen’m in a long time though. I seem to remember someone saying they’re all militatry copters and there are no news choppers. I might be wrong though.[/quote]

Prays the lord for that … could you imagine Taiwanese press airborn … they would be up there 24/7 :s

Probably Taiwan Army choppers taking troops out for flood/landslide work.

Hell, at least they managed to fly today. You don’t want to know about Taiwan military helo maintenance…trust me.

For about 30mins yesterday over here in Longtan, 4 Cobras were doing maneuvers. I got a few pics and a video. It was a really good show!

These were taken with my Sony Ericsson w900i. It has a 2mpx camera with digital zoom.

groundforce1.com/staffs/tony … C00206.JPG
groundforce1.com/staffs/tony … C00205.JPG
groundforce1.com/staffs/tony … C00204.JPG
Video (quicktime)
groundforce1.com/staffs/tony … V00002.3gp

i think you uploaded the wrong video mate

Hey don’t scare me. :stuck_out_tongue: You made me think I really did.
That video there is of the Cobras buzzing my area yesterday.
Not the hueys that flew over early this morning (yeah got them here too).

A few years back, helicopters in Muzha meant President Lee was on his way to his favorite teahouse…

We had low flying, hovering helicopters out this way last month - nothing military and no maneuvers, they were just using some long hose on a pole to spray the power lines. Anyone know what that would be all about?

[quote=“smell the glove”]

We had low flying, hovering helicopters out this way last month - nothing military and no maneuvers, they were just using some long hose on a pole to spray the power lines. Anyone know what that would be all about?[/quote]

They probably hope to grow more electricity :roflmao:

It’s all in the run up to a large military excersise that they will be holding over the next few days where they will pretend to fire missiles at Chinese ships.

I snapped this flyby last week over SanXia - 22 in all.

Usually this is anti-corrosion or cleaning solution which helps to maintain the wires’ useful life.

[quote=“derek1978”][quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“derek1978”]Whats with the 7:30 am low flying 12 Huey fly by over Muzha this morning?

It woke me up…[/quote]

You ain’t up yet at 0730? Good thing you ain’t workin’ the duck farm.[/quote]

What self respecting waigouren would be up at 7:30 am on a Sunday of his own accord? Not this one at least![/quote]

You will be too if you live where I do. Fresh air, birds singing, no need for A/C…

Best time of the morning it is, out in the garden with a cuppa tea.

Dangermouse wrote:

Why do they bother, really? Not so long ago in a “simulation exercise” of some kind they came to the conclusion that our little island will be over-run by the barbarian hordes in about… an hour. :smiling_imp: