14,000 NTD for a room in Da'An?

I don’t understand this meme

Visa confusions 10,000 NT
Aircon died 15,000 NT
Bad tooth 20,000 NT.

2 Likes

It’s what the critters want you to know after you took that tone against them.

Yeah, because we all know that Taiwanese landlords never cheat. Especially when it comes to foreigners.

Just because she expects it doesn’t mean it’s worth it. I have little doubt she could find those interns cheaper accommodations. Furthermore, this guy is a student.

3 Likes

This guy is a student on a 25k scholarship, from which he has to pay tuition, nsurance, accomodation, food, books, pens, water, snacks, travel, etc. Not an easy task, doable, but tight.

In the good old days they gave us 15k but tuition was covered. :grandpa:

2 Likes

I studied at shida for years, too much focus on handwriting. Very little help with pronunciation . Can waste a lot of time. Not sure how the other Chinese education centres rate.

Yep this is what he/she needs to do. I was paying around 6k for a basic room in a shared flat back in the day , commute a little and no problem to find that.

2 Likes

14k seems ridiculous.

I’m in a 3 bedroom place just off Shida road that is 17k a month for the whole apartment.

2 Likes

That is a cheap apartment rent for the area, but shows what’s possible.

Off Shida road like by Hakka zpark ? This guy says he is 5minutes away from MTC, probably Longshan or Yongkan street. Hence the fee.