1421: Did the Chinese really discover America?

You forgot about Xenu.

Seriously, I find more interesting the idea that American Indians are descended partly from Caucasian people and not entirely from Asiatic people. Judging from their appearance, it seems quite likely.

The “discovery” of America has been used as a justification for European colonization of the Americas. These new “discoveries” are definitely going to be used in China’s favor.

The First People of the world are sick and tired of being discovered by “superior” nations.

Do you really think the PRC would be willing to take that great a leap of face supporting the theories of a guy widely regarded as “an idiot” or worse?

Tet,

the Book of Mormon was transcribed by people in the 1830’s… but written in King James English… which was not the contemporary language of 1830’s America and thus God must communicate in King James English… Wink.

Great Russian explorer Dmitri Kissoff discover North America. Not stupid Chinese! Every Russian school child knows this.

It is written somewhere (I forget where) that early Tibetans actually made the trip east across the Bering Strait and down through Canada. This is backed up by similarities between the Tibetan language and some Native Amercian languages. One word in particular stands out, which is Tsampa or Samp which is a word using to describe barley flour, a staple of both peoples.

Why is it so improbable that the Chinese made it to North America first? History is subjective based on third, fourth or five hand experiences and is also extremely selective in the material that is remembered.

What, and we don’t do that in the West?

Who recently read the story about somebody other than Alexander Graham Bell inventinng the telephone (he stole the drawings off someone else)? Who ever thought to question that? You just take it as the gospel truth. And in 100 years A.G. Bell will still be thought of as the inventor of the telephone.

We have short selective memories.

[quote=“holmes5668”]What, and we don’t do that in the West?

Who recently read the story about somebody other than Alexander Graham Bell inventinng the telephone (he stole the drawings off someone else)? Who ever thought to question that? You just take it as the gospel truth. And in 100 years A.G. Bell will still be thought of as the inventor of the telephone.[/quote]
Or that the Wright Brothers were the first to fly. That is quite possibly false, it’s just because they got word out quicker by virtue of being in a bigger, more powerful country and putting on more demos to convince people.

I think the fact that Richard Pearse allegedly performed his stunt in one of the remotest parts of the world (New Zealand in 1903 - exactly how many people lived on the South Island around the turn of the century?) before the widespread advent of modern communication technology, had more to do with his lack of fame than anything else. No grand conspiracy.

Well, I wasn’t trying to hint at any conspiracy - by “more powerful” I basically meant that there was more capability to get news out from the US than NZ.

I was just using it as another example of how the West is equally guilty of taking things that may not be true as gospel and largely dismissing claims to the contrary.

Airplane was invented by great Russian inventor Boris Badenov in Shitslovenia in 1891. Not by perverted sheep-shagging antipodean. Every Russian schoolchild knows this!

:bravo:

So, if you invent something new or do something really interesting that nobody has ever done before, make sure lots of people see you do it, preferably people holding laptop computers and cell phones, not spears and snares.

Who invents what does not matter girls…

The Vikings are the first Europeans to have sailed to North America… so what? (I am of pure viking blood, btw)… They did not manage to settle the area,a nd even have to give up Greenland, when the weather turned against them.

What matters is that the discovery or the invention is put to use, not that it’s made.

[quote=“Mr He”]
What matters is that the discovery or the invention is put to use, not that it’s made.[/quote]

Yeah. Look what inventing gunpowder did for the Chinese.

I grew up in the Dayton, Ohio, area and I can state for a certainty, based on what I learned from my teachers in elementary school and junior high school, and from the content of our textbooks (authored and edited by relevant experts in the field) that the Wright Brothers did definitely invent the airplane.

Also see daytonohio.com/

wam.umd.edu/~stwright/WrBr/Wrights.html

nps.gov/daav/

I grew up in the Dayton, Ohio, area and I can state for a certainty, based on what I learned from my teachers in elementary school and junior high school, and from the content of our textbooks (authored and edited by relevant experts in the field) that the Wright Brothers did definitely invent the airplane.

Also see daytonohio.com/

wam.umd.edu/~stwright/WrBr/Wrights.html

nps.gov/daav/[/quote]

Bollocks, Richard Pearce from NZ was in the air waaaaaaaaaaay before those yankle doodle dolts… ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/pearse1.html

“Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up.”
Oscar Wilde

I was in Borders-type place the other day, and came across an interesting, if not fantastic tale/theory about how the Ming treasure fleets, made famous by Admiral Zheng He, might have charted more lands than people realize.

1421.tv/

Some of it seems far-fetched, and some grasping at straws. It was frustrating to read only because I couldn’t tell what statements were based on archaelogical evidence, and what was pure speculation. Still, offers interesting tidbits despite some wacky ideas like Chinese colonies in the Americas. I really would like to know which Peruvian village still speaks some Chinese dialect, and how the Lakota and Shawnee are descendents of Chinese mariners.

I am told this may be a better source:

Louise Levathes
When China Ruled the Seas: The Treasure Fleet of the Dragon Throne, 1405-1433

It is a fascinating read and pretty good page-turner, question: How true is it? Much of what has been written to refute the claims of 1421, have centered on its author, Gavin Menzies. In fact I

[quote=“OutofChaos”]. There are a number of web sites that list evidence of why Menzies is way off base or flat out wrong. Some people compare his work to