15+Year old Computer Stores

Now now. I know whatch’yu’re thinking. You’re probably reading this and sayin, ‘Marco. You’re…uhh… a techie! You frequently post about tech here. Why do you need us to find computer stores? You’ve been here for a while and you’ve mentioned Guanghua before, why do you need help finding computer stores? What a weird post!’

That’s true. What I am looking for in particular are computer stores that…
A) Sell used hardware.
B) Or take in old hardware for resell or recycling or are computer recycling centres.
C) Or not necessarily SELL used hardware, but look like they are drowning in computer hardware from floor to ceiling and look old. Gritty is good!
D) Not in Guanghua or Taichung’s, Tainan’s or Kaohsiung’s Computer Streets.
E) Anywhere in Mainland Taiwan that isn’t D.

Not every computer store or repair centre or recycling centre is on Google Maps and I don’t have a car, nor all day to bus/walk around in every alleyway. If you see anything like this, feel free to post it down below. I’d highly appreciate it and will check it out. You don’t need to mention if it’s close to your house. I just want computer stores.

Examples:
買賣

Floor-Ceiling parts.

Recycling.

If you remain unsure if it would be a good fit. Post it anyways!

Hope this helps you. This guy goes to Taiwan and buys used computer parts from bulk recycle centers. Shoot him an email and ask for some of his contacts.

https://twitter.com/techyescity

Well… I’m open to any county in Mainland Taiwan and none of these youtubers go to other counties to begin with. And I am lookin to go…retro. AGP retro.

I’m lookin to purchase, but you guys are all spread around the country so…if you guys see any local stores…lemme know!

Whatever you guys see. Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Pingtung, etc…

AGP? Pfffft, newfangled stuff. I could help with some ISA, VLB or PCI VGA cards. AGP I think I only have one left here in Taiwan.

Ps: Tseng ET4000 FTW!

Yea yea. I know you know your stuff. But… most here don’t so I am casting a wide net.

My favorite card from back then:

s-l300

All-in-Wonder Pro with 3D Rage Pro chipset.
PCI, has VGA and Analog! output.
Has extra slot to upgrade up to 8MB in the bottom right.

I made a credits section at the end of a school project video on VHS cassette using PowerPoint and rolling text. Fed the analog video signal to the VHS recorder and the audio line from a CD Player - Line out playing music. Teacher was blown away.

I still have that card in storage at my parents place in Germany.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t PTT be your best bet at this point? some of those stores recycle really old stuff, they are not gonna keep them forever so you might not find what you are looking for, in PTT some crazy guy might still have what you are looking for and you would be casting an even wider net!

Yea of course but I can cover those things. I dont have anything particular that I am looking for. But I also like the adventure too.

I’ve just found that there are stores with interesting old parts. Stores without websites or google maps locations. So i figure. Why not.

I can comb online of course. But physically combing a country? Difficult, but made easier if people know of computer stores nearby them and casually leave them here.

1 Like

Let me know if you find a decently priced i5-2400, they get taken from PTT real fast and the damn second hand stores want to sell them for the price of a new one!

I found this facebook market place.

Or this. The seller is located at 板橋, but the google map shows the address just a first floor of some 公寓.

全球國際環保電腦回收 http://www.so-easy.tw/
統一國際環保電腦回收 http://www.easy-go.tw/
大川實業 台北電腦回收站 Redirecting...
冠笙電腦有限公司 http://www.kscomputer.com.tw/

2 Likes

This might have some really good potential. Thanks! Keep 'em coming!

3 Likes

新北惜物二手電腦,家電,3C

Thank you! Will definitely check it out!

They have stores that sell 15 year old computers ?

No no. I mean computer stores that have been around 15+ years.

They are likely to contain old spare parts.

1 Like

I know I was just havin a lark

2 Likes