16mm film projector and films

I’d like to get hold of an old (70’s-80’s) but working condition 16mm projector. I have a couple in New Zealand but the shipping is more than they are worth. I’ve only ever come accross the odd super8 projector in camera stores, and once saw a guy at the jade market with a super8 projector which was worth about 1000NT but he was asking 10000NT for it. I’d also like to track down some old 16mm films about Taiwan. I reckon most of this old stuff has long since been chucked away, but there might be something left floating around. Any ideas?

I’d be interested to know if you dig up anything… I’ve had my eye out for similar equipment. There is a basement shop on Yong Kang St. that has a lot of old vinyl lps, and some cameras and film memorabilia. I don’t know the name, but it’s pretty easy to find since it has a stencil of mao and che–side by side. right beside the park, and on the same side of the street. I didn’t see any projectors there, but if you speak Chinese, I bet it would be a good place to start asking about such things…