17 Military Choppers Flying Over Taipei in Formation, what's going on?

er… back to the helicopters…

i live in taichung, and last night i saw 4 military choppers, also flying in formation pretty high above taiping city… they came back, still in formation, but traveling the opposite direction about 20 mins later…

strange, what are they up to with all these choppers?..

Hey, our family car is 23 years old and still doing fine. Its one front light is smashed but still functional, and the only accidents we’re likely to cause are because we constantly have to take back roads and make bizarre u-turns to avoid the cops.
As soon as they discover my dead grandmother is driving the car, we’ll probably have to switch to the family bmx.

By the way, I was asleep when those choppers came over, and woke up thinking it was riot control or something. Looked cool, though. I saw 5, and then 6 a few minutes later.

Seems like they’re all over the place, so its pretty obvious what’s going on – they’re lost.

Funny you should mention that. I had a story across my desk last week (I think), the details of which now escape me but the gist of which is that there’s a proposal being mulled at the moment that will require full details of your pilot (resume, flight hours, etc.) and plane (full details of maintenance, repairs, hours logged, etc.) to be available to anyone flying on that plane. Whether it’ll actually happen remains to be seen.[/quote]
I doubt most people would be able to understand even 5% of what was listed. Besides, just because a repair is listed doesn’t mean that it was done right, and just because a repair isn’t listed doesn’t mean the plane doesn’t need one – just ask the passengers and crew of Alaska Air flight 261.

Oh, right, you can’t. They’re all dead thanks to Alaska Air’s “cost-saving measures” in their aircraft maintenance program.

My own solution is to refuse to fly China Air. Also Alaska Air and AmericaWest, and any trip on the Airbus A320 no matter who’s flying it. . . .

A wise move.

The choppers also flew over Yung-Ho and Chung-Ho on Tuesday and Wednesday, almost caused an accident as they were flying low, people were watching the choppers instead of the road… :unamused:

Choppers over Yong He again this morning.

I’ve noticed down around Hsinchu that the military jets fly up to 3 in a formation. It’s interesting though that I never see any exercises on anything but the most clear of days. I guess I can’t blame them too much. Who wants to fly in crud. I just hope that if we ever really NEED these guys that the attackers are kind enough to attack on a nice clear day.

AH-1W Huey Cobra attack choppers. Man they looked cool.

Subject Changed September 4 to from 6 to 17 Helicopters:
I just saw 17 military helicopters flying in formation from the Keelung area towards YungHo/ChungHo area. Looked pretty cool. Yesterday there were 7 flying over today 17.

Huang Chun 19 is going on right now in Ilan County. Probably something to do with that.

[quote=“Hobart”]Subject Changed September 4 to from 6 to 17 Helicopters:
I just saw 17 military helicopters flying in formation from the Keelung (Jilong) area towards Yonghe/Chungho (Zhonghe) area. Looked pretty cool. Yesterday there were 7 flying over today 17.[/quote]

Be kinda nice to have a Stinger, eh? :laughing:

Very nice, blueface, from someone who is so sensitive about what happens to members of the U.S. military.

BooHoo. :unamused:

BooHoo. :unamused:[/quote]

Your statements re: Iraq. How your statement regarding Stinger, thus, is pathetic. Look it up.

Military shows its might today in display for public

AP
Thursday, Sep 04, 2003,Page 4
Taiwan plans to show off its military might today in its biggest public display of the year – an exercise involving missile ships, helicopters and tanks defending against invading forces.

Analysts said the show will be especially important as President Chen Shui-bian (

BooHoo. :unamused:[/quote]

Your statements re: Iraq. How your statement regarding Stinger, thus, is pathetic. Look it up.[/quote]

As General Joseph Stillwell said, the ROC army is good for one thing…turning good rice into shit. Things haven’t changed in 60 years. If you feel so “ai guo”, join up. Nobody’s stopping you.

I thought there were some kind of military exercises a week ago, anti-amphibious assault stuff, no?

“Slideshow” and news article about the exercises:
story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=even … =1&e=1&a=0
news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2& … &printer=1

[quote=“usree”]Military shows its might today in display for public
AP
Thursday, Sep 04, 2003,Page 4
Taiwan plans to show off its military might today in its biggest public display of the year – an exercise involving missile ships, helicopters and tanks defending against invading forces.[/quote]

I was too busy to read the newspaper yesterday, or I wouldn’t have posted about this. Thanks for the info.