18 Days Taiwan Beer 🇹🇼 🍺

Huh, is MINE selling again? Last time I noticed that type was around 2010 I think. I liked it.

Sounds like all Taiwan beers or at least the main ones have rice in the recipe.

In the 1960s locally produced Formosa rice was added to the fermentation process, resulting in the distinctive local flavour for which the beer is known today.

This week, like it.

Beer is disgusting.

Which part is disgusting?

tenor (3)

The taste.

Some just drink to get drunk and don’t think about taste.

Yeah some of us are predisposed to like or not like the taste of beer or were exposed when young.

giphy (2)

1 Like

If I’m at a NT100 bbq restaurant, 18 days is the first beer I’ll choose if I see it. It’s an unpasteurized beer. it has its own taste.
Bar Beer is the very last beer ill drink, just after Carlsberg.

Bar beer in small cans is great for the beach on a hot summers day

Wine or cocktails would get you drunk way faster.

Fast drunk is sparkling wine with a gin or vodka. Gin and tonic will get you drunk faster than only gin.
Prosecco with pimms no 1 is good too.
Bubbles in Champagne makes girls happy.

Taiwanese beer tastes like water imo. Normally I wouldn’t even give it a glance. But I do occasionally crave for one at a haichandian. It goes well with local food.

I think I’ve finished a bottle of wine and felt nothing. Tipsy maybe but definitely not drunk. I think you’d need much wine to get drunk.

haha reading about that “Ponlai” rice variety on the can inspired my username here :laughing:

2 Likes

Normal Taiwan beer to me taste better

There is a pub that I visit occasionally. They have a large variety of beers.

I usually order 18-Day Taiwan Beer. I also order all kinds of other beers at other times.

The staff privately told me that usually only cheap guys order 18-day beer. They are surprised that I drink it.

I drink what I like, and 18-day is a top contender sometimes, because, I like it.

Taiwanese restaurants, it’s popular with the food. At a pub, no food, looked at differently.

Perceptions…

how can they say “cheap guys” order 18 Days?
it’s always more expensive than normal TB or Gold Medal TB.
I, too, order 18 Days at 熱炒.

1 Like

I only drink the 18 day stuff if I‘m feeling fancy :joy:

1 Like