1st Extreme Triathlon in Taiwan, includes cycling up to Wuling

Sounds intense. My triathlon days might be over, but I still might consider doing the swimming portion of this crazy race.

Intense indeed!

On an unrelated note: we have a saying in North Dakota that goes “Why walk if you can drive a truck?” Just saying…

2 Likes

The more I think about this, the crazier it sounds. It’s set to take place at the end of February next year. Does cycling up to Wuling at that time make any sense? I really don’t know, but it seems like it could be dangerous. Maybe that’s the only time that the organizers could get that road cleared for a few hours for the race.

Found the website.

The first extreme triathlon in Taiwan will be one of the most challenging and memorable experiences of your life: swimming in the frigid ocean of eastern Taiwan; riding 3000km to the apex of Taiwan mountain; and running over 3200m to the top of Mount Wuling toward the finishing line.

https://www.wefightfanatic.com/

So it seems that the run will all be in the mountains with an additional elevation of 200m after cycling. Hmmmm. I think I would still enjoy the swim, though!