1st sunny day in weeks. What did you do?

This was an awesome day. What did you do?
Stayed home?
Park?
Movies?
Bike ride?
Or a picniic like us? We decided to go to Cing Tian Gang (unsure about the spelling) in Yang Ming Shan. We left early, pack some nice sandwiches, drinks, cards, camera and off we went.
The weather was awesome, windy at times but not much, this area of Yangmingshan is gorgeous if you know it and there are so many tracks. A lot of people usually stay around the entrance but there is so much more to see.
My son had a blast with all the birds around there, we saw 2 eagles and plenty other types of birds.
Anyway, a nice day out.
How about you guys?

F.U.C.K.I.N.G work. Had two hiking invites and a BBQ invite on my phone when I woke up, too. Life doesn’t get much worse. :frowning:

[quote=“igorveni”]We left early, pack some nice sandwiches, drinks, cards, camera and off we went.
[/quote]

Jesus Christ…sounds like a Famous Five novel :wink:

Cleaned out and straighten up the storage room, started on cleaning up the garden with hopes of planting/replanting flowers and an herb garden, some assorted ‘honey do’ jobs. It was a grand day for a while.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“igorveni”]We left early, pack some nice sandwiches, drinks, cards, camera and off we went.
[/quote]

[/quote]
He didn’t mention ginger beer, though…

Meet a fellow Forumosan. Class act.

I have to meet more of you guys.

Did you say garden? Where do you live?

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“igorveni”]We left early, pack some nice sandwiches, drinks, cards, camera and off we went.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I am not familiar with this novel, but the pic seems right. We had binoculars. :wink:

Killed an afternoon taking photos in Da’an Park myself.

I took pictures at Bao-An Temple (Yuanshan, Taipei) and CKS Memorial Hall. I’ve been waiting months for a day like this. If tomorrow is the same, I’ll head up Elephant Mountain for some pics of Taipei 101 - previous attempts have been foiled by crappy weather.
Shine on sun, shine on!

Glorious bike ride out Dahanxi to Sanxia. Up to Baijimiao and then down to the old Xindian-Sanxia highway on Ziwei Rd. Then up over the mountains past Chengtiansi, down into Tucheng and back to Taipei along the river. I’m still high as a kite.

Woke up at 4.30. Made sure I still had all my body parts intact. Looked out the widow and lamented a wasted day.

“Widow” :unamused:

window

that’s what I meant…

Just got back from a bike ride and walk around the North Coast scenic area.
Nice and windy. Took some pics. Had a hotdog from the 7-11 at FuLong which was still frozen in the middle. Yuk.

Had a nice walk up and down a hill with the wife early in the morning, ending with breakfast at Starbucks. Then back home, relaxed a bit, popped downstairs for a workout and swim, home again for a bit of slap 'n tickle, and out for another stroll by the river in the late afternoon. The weather was certainly as good as it gets for walking in Taiwan, and it would be hard to spend such a day more pleasantly without getting far out into the wilds.

Whaaat, Tetsuo? It seems like we were doing the exact same thing! I spent about an hour in the flower market with some friends before we headed over to Da’an to take some pictures. I wanted to try out my new camera and all its different lenses.
Then we headed over to Himalaya for dinner, and wandered around Lishui Road, ending up with chocolate sludge stuff at Chocaholic.
We were reluctantly accompanied by a pretty big peach tree.
Wonderful sunny day, eh?
But boy, was it crowded!