2 Japanese carrying 134.4 BILLION in USD stopped in Italy

Future headlines:

Next week, Italian Government: They were forgeries, we destroyed them all in the interest of public safety, now go about your business.
Week after: Japanese government dispatches private jet to Italy, picks up their consul general with an armored briefcase chained to his arm.
Week after that: US and Japanese governments announce $40 billion economic cooperative friendship puppy and rainbow deal with miscellaneous Italian corporations, pure coincidence, been in the works for months, we have memos to prove it.
A month later: Original couriers take turns shooting each other three times in the back of the head.
40 years from now: Tell all book by the sole surviving Italian cop, governments deny everything.

The keyword being “apparently” and only meaning some of the bonds, the Kennedy bonds seem to be fake because such bonds with a denomination of 1 bil do not exist.

As to the article - it’s not uncommon that the customs seizes millions from people trying to smuggle it across the border and the Japanese were supposingly well-dressed and travelling on a train that mainly carries Italian laborers - sticking out like a sore thumb.

And hiding fakes (if they were such) makes sense, too, or has the author never heard about laws against counterfeiting? :unamused:

Newsflash: U.S. Says Treasury Bonds Seized in Italy Are ‘Clearly Fakes’

But hey, I would claim that, too, if I owed someone money in exchange for those. :wink:

Suitcase With $134 Billion Puts Dollar on Edge

Just for fun.

[quote=“sulavaca”]Suitcase With $134 Billion Puts Dollar on Edge

Just for fun.[/quote]
Interesting view on the issue: Rise of the Demagogues: The case of the $134.5 billion in fake U.S. bonds

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“sulavaca”]Suitcase With $134 Billion Puts Dollar on Edge

Just for fun.[/quote]
Interesting view on the issue: Rise of the Demagogues: The case of the $134.5 billion in fake U.S. bonds[/quote]

We need a tinfoil hat icon.

Anybody checked any of the good conspiracy websites to see their take on this? I saw a good start on Godlike Productions but it wasn’t that long.