2 Master Degrees in 4 Years

I’ve recently been told that it is possible to make 2 master degrees in Taiwan in case of finishing them both in 4 years. Probably, because it is possible to finish one Master Degree from 1 up to 4 years. Do you know whether it is eligible or not? I couldn’t find any official information about this. Especially, whether it is possible to get second scholarship from the second university?

A master’s takes at least two years and office administration at most universities will probably tell you it will be more like three years and not two. Can you do it in two? Yes, but you need to have everything lined up in advance. By this I mean you basically know what your final thesis is going to be on and start working on it and finding advisors ASAP. I believe that scholarships are not available if you study at the same level again. Others feel free to chime in and correct me where I am wrong.

[quote=“mrt”]I’ve recently been told that it is possible to make 2 master degrees in Taiwan in case of finishing them both in 4 years. Probably, because it is possible to finish one Master Degree from 1 up to 4 years. Do you know whether it is eligible or not? I couldn’t find any official information about this. Especially, whether it is possible to get second scholarship from the second university?

Indeed two years is the normal amount of time for people studying their masters in Taiwan. Considering the coursework in most graduate programs, doing one masters in two years is definitely possible. Basically you take a ton of credits at the first and second semester (maybe like 18 for the first semester and 18 for the following one). Afterwards you are left with a very flexible and light schedule in which you can dedicate the rest of your second year to your thesis. This is how most students do it anyways.

More importantly is understanding the education standard for graduate school in Taiwan. Unfortunately it is not up to par with many other countries, I’d say even China’s universities are a lot better (especially in Hong Kong), but just take this idea into consideration before doing some serious graduate school in Taiwan.