2-pin to 3-pin grounding adapter

That’s why there are circuit breakers and differential switches. But yes, not everywhere in Taiwan they use it.

And when they use the earth wire to connect the neutral to it’s really not that safe. Or they connect the earth to the plumbing.

Ok I did go here but no luck. Shop # 61 that you mentioned and another next to it #57. They understood what I required but didn’t have it. All they had was the standard 3-3 or 3-2.

So what’s wrong with plugging in your 2 pin fridge to a 3 pin and the ground wire from the fridge itself to a grounding source you can find?

Do you have a picture if what you’re looking for? After all the 3 pronged plug works with 2 prong as well.

That’s what I want to do. The grounding source is in the wall socket itself. But I want it to be a clean safe solution not a DIY kind of unfair. But looks like I’ll have to go down that road

Hi I’ve liked everywhere but can’t find the adapter here. If you have a spare can I buy it from you? I’ll need 2 since the microwave has the same issue.

Those 3 to 2 adapters have a screw that connects to a grounding source. I bet the ground is not connected to anything. Look in the box to see what I mean

Find a 4 cm bolt that fits into the ground pin of the socket. Wind a nut close to the head of the bolt. Clamp the ground lead onto that. Jam it into the ground pin and relax.

Bingo!

1 Like

This seems to be what you are looking for, 2p轉3p接地

Personally I would cut off the 2 pin plug and replace with a 3 pin plug, you can then wire the ground into the plug. Use something like this, there are prettier versions if wattage is not a concern.

4 Likes

Edit:

As above

I think I’ll rewire. The link you have given above, have you used it personally? Can we order it online ?

This is what I have. Faceplate not shown.

I replaced mine for my fridge as well and ran a wire over to it because the place i had had grounding.

They’re Levitons. Made in USA. I have a few I could sell. They aren’t cheap cause if I’m not in Canada, then they gotta be shipped. Screw in centre has continuity with ground. Please test your building and do relevant research about grounding. I hold no responsibility for anything.

I’ve used shoppe before, not that particular product, it’s an online store.

If you want to wire a new plug it might be easier and cheaper just to go to your local hardware store/B&Q, plugs are available everywhere. Show them the picture if language is an issue.

The Japanese style ones are available locally and quite a neat, if expensive, way of dealing with the earth wire. I don’t really see the point in the whole system though, if you need to hardwire the earth, might as well just hardwire the whole thing and forget about using a plug and socket.

One store with them, here or slightly cheaper with the plastic face plate option, here and a how to .

Personal preference is still to fit a new plug.

2 Likes

Years ago i was trying to find them after seeing them online but was fruitless because Japan and Taiwan not only share the same electrical standards (60hz areas) but the same plugs and fittings. These would be more ideal but at the time i gave up and had my mum send me a 10 pack of CA/US plugs. It filled me with rage when I saw them in Narita when transferring.

This is great.

1 Like

They sell those here in Taiwan too.

Didnt read through the thread. If it is mentioned already, sorry.

Many houses arent actually grounded…or done so terribly.

If you are worried i suggest installing GFI

I brought back about 20 my first trip back home after living in canada. I think they were about $12 canadian.

Given they have outlets right by sinks and showers spew all over the bathroom…i would strongly suggest them for at least your bathroom and kitchen (if you have one) i even put my lights in the bathroom on them and plug them in outside the bathroom. My head rubs the tube where i shower…no joke.

1 Like

Although you’re not wrong. Newer houses have the GFCI built into the breaker box for kitchen and washroom circuits. It’s a practise done in many countries nowadays. But I don’t think there’s any harm in an extra GFCI.

Just plug your 2-wire frig into the outlet and be done with it. The ground wire probably doesn’t go anywhere, or anywhere useful. You’re only going to have a shock hazard if there is something catastrophically wrong with the frig wiring.

You guys would probably cringe when you see me clip off the ground pin on the 3-wire power strips I buy for my 2-wire apartment. Trust me, it’s fine. :grin:

Im no electrician by any stretch. But my understanding is with these switches its more about speed. Breakers here switch off at snails pace. Been jolted many times, especially outside (rain). Thats where gfi are handy as they are super fast to cut power. I use them everywhere water is present (work, outside, kitchens and bathrooms). Refrigerators maybe not too bad, but still…

A proper ground is good…but ya…rentals can still put a plate/prod in yourself, but cant do that easily in many city rentals.like high rises

You should be able to replace the whole cord really easily

2 Likes