2005 Formula 1 Season

With 19 races, new rules for tyres and engines, is anybody to keen to predict the drivers world championship not going to M. Schumacher and the Constructors title also going to Ferrari.

Although many teams are claiming good results in testing I would hazard a guess that the Ferrari is too reliable and this will one of the reasons Schumi could well score in all 19 races.

Agree with you that pre-season testing not really a bench mark but Ferrari lost quite a number of engines during recent testing. Agree with you, best driver in the best car still Schumacher/Ferrari and me too, think they will do it again but will not be easy. Major factor will be the Bridgestones. Think will see a few surprises, think Williams will be a mid field contender, very average drivers and overall package. Now that Dave Richards is gone, not sure if BAR are going to be as consistent as during the 2004 season. Think will see Renault doing well, confident that we will see the first Sauber Race win by Massa and have high expectations from Toyota. Gascoine is an excellent man and spent ever since he joined Toyota from Renault on the development of the 2005 contender. My guess Ferrari, Renault, Mc Laren, BAR, Toyota, Sauber, Williams, Midland-Jordan, Red Bull, Minardi.

well the first race sucked cause hardly any over taking, webber has done a great job coming 5th

Could not agree more with you! Think the sport goes the completely wrong way. :noway: All drivers have to preserve the rubber and engines and as tyres obviously wear off, very much doubt will see any overtaking second part of any race. Let’s wait and see what happens in Sepang and hope I am wrong.

im with you taverncaptain, i hate to see no tyre changes and the qualifying, the qualifying sucked!!! feshichela was 1st because he had a dry track. and thats not fair :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry:

Be careful about drawing conclusions from testing times. There is no inspection for the cars. People could be running an illegal configuration just to establish a base line (reference point). They could be running tweaked up engines just to add stress to the rest of the driveline. Fueloads could also be all over the map. Anyway, there are too many unknowns to make meaningful conclusions.

That said, Ferrari is still the favorite to take the title in my opinion. However, it may be put down more to consistency rather than outright domination…

Do not entirely agree with you. As testing time is limited, it does not make sense for a team to run a configuration that could not be used in the race. Engines cannot be changed without getting a penalty. Obviously the teams that can run three cars during testing do have an advantage. It is rather that teams that do testing between the races (esp. Ferrari) will not work their cars too hard to preserve them for the race. Bit surprised to see Massa up on today’s testing time sheet, certainly very low fuel load to impress Petronas but saying so, he is really a quick driver and of course, Sauber a top nodge quality SWISS product. Needs to be seen, certainly some engines will go in the heat so possibly will see again a strange starting grid. Anyway, hope it is a better race than the one in Australia.

well we’ll have to wait until the race to find out who will win

whats wrong with he red devils?

he,he

lets see what the new car will bring…???..
(satelite guy will surely mention that) :laughing: :smiley:

schumi, schumi,
not this year

schumi, schumi,
sag ich’s dir…

[quote=“alfasud”]whats wrong with he red devils?

he,he

lets see what the new car will bring…???..
(satelite guy will surely mention that) :laughing: :smiley:

schumi, schumi,
not this year

schumi, schumi,
sag ich’s dir…[/quote]

Ah Mr Alfasud, we still have another 17 races to go… so let’s get to the bragging rights closer to the end of the season… fure sure it’s not lookng good bad one bad result for Alonso like Fisi and suddenly things can change… same for Schumi as well… but you write off Ferrari at your own peril mister :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: