2005 Forumosa Posting Awards

I want to nominate Truant, my buddy from the early days of posting till now. We met in the Flounder Forum and are still going strong. I’m glad to co-moderate Events with you now. Don’t no one try to separate us. We’re not gay. Not like there’s anything wrong with that.

[color=red]Best Moderator[/color]: Truant
[color=green]Most Helpful Poster in the Learning Chinese and Technology Forums[/color]: Truant
[color=blue]Avatar Most Resembling Actual Person[/color]: Truant

:sunglasses:

Sadly most of the entertaining one liners and funny threads have been flamed :smiling_imp:

In the 'English teacher drug bust" thread, I thought Comrade Stalin’s post with a Shawshank Redemption movie picture captioned “I bet 300NT at Global Village looks good now” was quite funny.

Anything with “Global Village” in it is funny.

Titmouse for best avatar, although I really didn’t look at it for the mouse.

Chewycorns for most endangerd species award (a conservative Canadian).

Yellow Cartman for most helpful poster.

For some reason my avatar was banned last week.

Rantheman for Most Entertaining. His thread on how to curse in Taiwanese was one of the most helpful I’ve seen on this site.

[quote=“mod lang”]For some reason my avatar was banned last week.

[/quote]
No it wasn’t. It was replaced by a 200x200 banner saying: THIS IMAGE IS NO LONGER HOSTED AT WHATEVER.COM blah, blah, blah - it was an error message at any rate and it was stretching the screen, so I removed it. Feel free to put it back if the link is working again…

And so back it goes.

I nominate mod lang for having the most annoying avatar :unamused:

Hsiadogah for being the most missed poster and having the best mechanical knowledge to ever grace “Vroom vroom”.

JD smith for sheer volume and not being afraid to let his ass hang out in the breeze.

Joesax for most efficient and succinct moderator.

Ironman, for his unique ability to produce head scratching posts that need hallucinogenics to comprehend.

And a special nod to Mrs. Maoman, whose tireless toiling at our Neiwan camping trip made it that much more special. :notworthy:

Finally, a special thanks to all of the new and old forumosans that I was fortunate enouugh to meet and spend time with in 2005.

Happy New Year everyone!

A blanket award (i.e. covers everyone) for the mods. You’d have to be mad to sign-up for the job, and doubly so to sign-up for those forums with the word ‘politics’ in them. Excellent job one and all.

I think this emoticon doesn’t get used enough :moo:.

Hobbes and MJB for posters who should post more; both always spot on in my book :sunglasses:

Mod most respected by the people: 914
Best turn around for 2005: tied, Bobepine & Mordeth
Best pun poster: Stray Dog
Most dedicated to a cause: Stray Dog
Poster most different IRL: Tigerman
Funniest poster IRL: Fred Smith
Biggest Firestarters: Mordeth, Ran the Man, J99*
Busiest Forumosan: Maoman
Most helpful: Irishstu
Best comeback lines: Tash
Most interesting poster: Tom Hill
Most Honest poster: SuchaFob
Most knowledgeable : Mucha Man
Best Estonian poster: Notsu

gotta run…

Happy New Year!

Is “most honest” a euphemism for “tactless”?

I’m not making nominations because I will forget someone and then everyone will beat me up. But tash owes me coffee. So does 914. And I owe Erhu money. So I should nominate Erhu for something…

Forumosan with the best method of getting girl’s phone numbers: Erhu.

that what u think. I have got all of them… :sunglasses:

What, you sellin hello kitty vibrators?

Based on 2005, here are the American posters from the USA most likely to emerge as important writers in 2015 (tie):
ImaniOU
mod lang

Get in line, folks, to say that you knew 'em when they were not. Both of these writers have shown stunning acceleration in English-writing ability in 2005, imho.

Also rans:
Hobbes (likely already published somewhere, although in academese)
fred smith
mofangongren
bob

Best Canadian writers in 2005:
porcelainprincess
Muzha Man

Good luck all, and please, please, please, please keep writing bob, ImaniOU, and mod lang. You Americans, all of youse, write daily!

Best English writers overall (2005) at forumosa.com:
hexuan, hands down winner. No contest, imo; able to reach right out of the page and grab anyone or anything by the throat, it seems.
Almas John (please stay healthy enough to write daily - and please drink plenty of water and limit your sugar intake you diabetes-headed drunk you)
Broon Ale
porcelainprincess
mod lang
ImaniOU
Loretta
bob
TomHill
the chief
joesax
Omniloquacious

Special Roger Miller Award for Posts Most Sought Out Each Morning:
RichardM

Most Appreciated Comeback, 2005 (tie):
Comrade Stalin
porcelainprincess
AWOL
Huang Guang Chen
Choudofu (just under the wire!)

Paris Hilton Award (tie):
914(m)/914(f)
Tash (especially impressive because as an Estonian she has somehow acquired a Best of Hollywood, American-English style in such utter apparent mystery)

Please, please, please write daily, all of youse I listed. It’s only one man’s opinion, but still. Best of luck in 2006 and beyond!

Lurkers, emerge the fuck out!

$0.02

Oh shit, you’ve done it now…

Oh shit, you’ve done it now…[/quote]
Ohhhh, jeez, here comes one of them Beat Takeshe-style bloodbaths…

[quote=“flike”]Paris Hilton Award (tie):
914(m)/914(f)
Tash (especially impressive because as an Estonian she has somehow acquired a Best of Hollywood, American-English style in such utter apparent mystery) [/quote]
Oh dear…flike, want to fix that? I can edit out the quoted error before she finds out!

What does the Paris Hilton Award mean anyway?

[quote=“flike”]Paris Hilton Award (tie):
914(m)/914(f)
Tash (especially impressive because as an Estonian she has somehow acquired a Best of Hollywood, American-English style in such utter apparent mystery) [/quote]

Not yet, I need the “E.”

[quote=“914”]What does the Paris Hilton Award mean anyway?

[/quote]

Paris Hilton = “the gift of gab”. And gab = gossip. It ain’t bad, 914. BTW, are you the guy 914 or not?

I think of Paris Hilton as a canary test that separates those who think they’re somehow smarter than us US redneck red-staters but who just don’t get the real fundamentals in life as we humans know it.

Capische?