2005 New Year's resolutions: How'd you do?

I resolved to learn something new. So I choose SCUBA diving. After an eardum blowout and being very busy I finished up in late November. whoohoo

So how’d you all do?

Hmm, still smoking, got little exercise and no money saved. Best go the same again for 2006. :frowning:

HG

Other than the cobwebs on my guitar, I did pretty well.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Hmm, still smoking, got little exercise and no money saved. Best go the same again for 2006. :frowning:

HG[/quote]

You came back to Forumosa. :slight_smile:

Shit!! I did that too! :blush:

HG

Lost 2.5 kilos, joined AnimalsTaiwan, and found my better third. Not a bad year, eh? Ok ok, only the weight loss was a resolution. :stuck_out_tongue:

But you didn’t stop exaggerating. :wink:

But you didn’t stop exaggerating. :wink:[/quote]

Her weight is exactly half of mine, so she’s right at one third of our combined weight! :stuck_out_tongue:

But you didn’t stop exaggerating. :wink:[/quote]

Her weight is exactly half of mine, so she’s right at one third of our combined weight! :p[/quote]

OH! Weight! Right. :wink:

You’re just jealous. :stuck_out_tongue:

:notworthy:

Happy New Year! :rainbow:

Didn’t actually manage to get any of mine done… :blush:

Didn’t have any, so I did great. Same old, same old. :smiley:

Well… I paid off more of my student debt than I thought I would this year which means I passed that one.

I have started learning Chinese… I’m still shit though and can only read Pinyin so far (starting reading/ writing in the New Year)… so thats another one I passed.

So, all in all… not too bad

Lets hope I don’t mess up this years crop of resolutions

My main resolution was to get away from Old Blighty and move to Taiwan so mission accomplished! Strange thing is, I miss the cold, wet depressing old place! :help:

Well, I didn’t kill, rob, rape, or beat up anybody this year, and managed to stay out of jail. So I think I done pretty good.

:bravo: :bravo:

I went 0-5 in '05. So, I’m only making 3 goals for '06. Of course, by staying up to 3:36am to post on this thread I’m seriously endangering my 2006 goals already.

I can’t remember what any of them were, but I seriously doubt I acheived any of them…as a matter of fact, I think 2005 only gave me more things to resolve not to do.

Truth be told, other than the ubiquitous weight reduction resolution (which I kept!), I didn’t actually have any resolutions last year.

But the real reason is that I wasn’t in a New Year’s mood. The Indonesia quake and the resultant tsunami only 5 days prior was the main thing on my mind, especially the toll in Phuket and the nearby Ko Phi Phi, where I learned to dive and had gone many times for my annual Xmas or CNY vacation.

Just thought I’d inject a note of sobriety, as I think it’s important to sometimes step back and remember those who are less fortunate, and consider whether we might not be able to sacrifice a bit of our own prosperity in order to help them.

DB