2005 Super 12 Rugby Season

Seeing I’m from Canberra and a Brumbies supporter I’d like to hear from those who think their teams have a shot at the title this year.

Let’s also keep inmind this years Tri-nations series as well.

The Cats! …um, not likely. But anyway, may the best team win. Viva rugby! Viva Saturday afternoons! Viva beer!

Super 12 games

Friday 3:30pm Taiwan time

Saturdays play from Eastern Australia 5:30pm

From South Africa 1AM

I support the Canes, Crusaders, Blues, and of course the Highlanders and expect two Kiwi teams in Super 12 semifinals, and hope for an All Black clean sweep of wins this year-Lions, Bledisloe, and the less important 3-N. :wink:

I’m also looking forward to seeing more of Jerome Kaino, reputed to be a star in the making, a future no. 8 along side McCaw… :notworthy:

BTW, will the Super 12 matches be shown at the Tavern? Doesn’t seem to be on the STAR Sports schedule.

I’m backing the Chiefs to have another big year. They’ve been on the improve for the past few years now. And the games are being shown on ESPN/Star - they’re showing the Blues game at 2am or something on the 26th, on ESPN I think.

Yes, must be fair-good luck to the Chiefs, too. That means I support all 5 NZ teams equally. The province I’m from doesn’t have a S-12 team, and I have lived in Otago, Auck and Chch, so like them all in different ways.

Thanks, I’ll check the schedules more carefully.

An edit: Am looking forward to seeing Lauaki, hear that he’s lost his weight, hope the ankle is ok…I hope by 2006 the All Blacks have:
6 Lauaki :sunglasses:
7 McCaw :sunglasses:
8 Kaino :sunglasses:

pretty much unstoppable group, and would set our backs up well-now we just need a reliable centre-put Umaga in at 12, then who at centre? Maybe Sam Tuitupo, or Ma’a Nonu ? Hopefully someone else…

Oh, and by 2007 on the wing in place of Howlet (or Sivivatu sp.) we’ll have: Lomu ! :notworthy: …I hope, anyway

Another edit: Thanks STV, I have the time to watch the matches on Friday afternoons this year…hehe, happy about that…

[quote=“EEzzee!”]I support the Canes, Crusaders, Blues, and of course the Highlanders and expect two Kiwi teams in Super 12 semifinals, and hope for an All Black clean sweep of wins this year-Lions, Bledisloe, and the less important 3-N. :wink:

I’m also looking forward to seeing more of Jerome Kaino, reputed to be a star in the making, a future no. 8 along side McCaw… :notworthy:

BTW, will the Super 12 matches be shown at the Tavern? Doesn’t seem to be on the STAR Sports schedule.[/quote]

Live Super 12 matches are shown on DSTV Supersports channels Multichoice Africa at the Tavern and Brass Monkey. Don’t know how many of you can watch the Friday 3:30pm games in NZ but I usually do.

I think this may be the South Africans year of glory in the Super 12 as well as the Tri Nations.

Any SA team will do for the Super 12,but if its the BULLS,it will be great!!!

[quote=“rassie”]I think this may be the South Africans year of glory in the Super 12 as well as the Tri Nations.

Any SA team will do for the Super 12,but if its the BULLS,it will be great!!![/quote]

Dream on, it’s never gonna happen. :loco: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Crusaders, all the way.

And here’s the Super 12 schedule for the first week, I’m hoping to make it to watch all 4 games Friday & Saturday: (I filled in the probable scores already) :laughing: :wink:

Date Game Venue Time(NZ) Result
25 Feb Highlanders v Blues Dunedin 7:35 pm 22-22
25 Feb Waratahs v Chiefs Sydney 9:40 pm 0-40
26 Feb Stormers v Sharks Cape Town 5:10 am 0-0
26 Feb Brumbies v Crusaders Canberra 9:00 pm 0-40
26 Feb Reds v Hurricanes Brisbane 11:05 pm 0-40
27 Feb Cats v Bulls Johannesburg 4:00 am 0-0

NZ time is 5 hours ahead of here

[quote=“Bassman”][quote=“rassie”]I think this may be the South Africans year of glory in the Super 12 as well as the Tri Nations.

Any SA team will do for the Super 12,but if its the BULLS,it will be great!!![/quote]

Dream on, it’s never gonna happen. :loco: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Crusaders, all the way.[/quote]

Go Stormers!!! :bravo: :bravo:
But never forget to count on the Bulls, and the Sharks, and the Cats, if they can only get their act back together again!! Go boys!!

And on a point of order, remember what team is the reigning Tri-Nations champions!

Go Bokke!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

woo hoo,

Tomorrow is a good Super12 afternoon. At the Tavern, the following OZ vs NZ games are on at 4.00pm and 6.05pm respectively:

26 Feb Brumbies v Crusaders @ Canberra 4.00pm (TPE time)
26 Feb Reds v Hurricanes @ Brisbane 6.05pm (TPE time)

I’ll probably be there to support the mighty Crusaders and 'Canes.

I guess the BM will have the same games/times, but can’t see anything on their site yet.

Couldn’t get out this afternoon, and have to say the Chiefs played a shocker! :astonished:

I listened in to a little of the Chiefs vs Waratahs here:

2ue.com/Default.asp

nice balance of one-eyed Aussie commentator and sly Kiwi :laughing:

Sure was good to see the Brumbies win against the Crusaders after losing key players.

yeah, thanks for that mention Jim…NOT!

We went to the Tavern, and it was pretty quiet except for a couple of loud Aussies. Was terrible slinking outta there :frowning:

yeah, thanks for that mention Jim…NOT!

We went to the Tavern, and it was pretty quiet except for a couple of loud Aussies. Was terrible slinking outta there :frowning:[/quote]

Ah… that slinking feeling… Was a tough match for both teams. It wasnt looking to promising for us at the beginning of the match. But the new players certainly took it to the Crusaders. A tough win with a bonus point… that’s the important thing. Those bonus points prove crucial towards the end of the competition.

go brumbies!!!

That explains a lot.

brmbies will domniate the super. again…

Well I wathced the Bulls 0 lose to the Highlanders 23 and then the Stormers 19 lose to the Brumbies 22 in another close game.

The Brumbies have won 3 hard games without their full team yet so when they are back to full strength they should only get better.

The Brumbies now play their next four games away so let’s see how they do.