2008's Smearboaters? "The League of American Patriots"

If you’re looking for the 2008 version of the smearboater, look no further than the so-called “League of American Patriots”, which is apparently yet another of these well-funded proxy groups used to body-slam Democrat candidates.

nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/0 … s_rox.html

[quote]A flier left on driveways in a neatly packaged plastic envelope questioned, “Do You Want A Black President?” and stated, “Black Ruled Nations most unstable and violent in the world.”

“Why should we seal our fate by allowing a black ruler to destroy us?” said the flier, which also detailed what it contended were facts on unemployment, poverty, HIV and crime rates among African Americans, while pointing out woes of a couple of predominantly black-populated countries. [/quote]

[quote=“mofangongren”]If you’re looking for the 2008 version of the smearboater, look no further than the so-called “League of American Patriots”, which is apparently yet another of these well-funded proxy groups used to body-slam Democrat candidates.

nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/0 … s_rox.html

[quote]A flier left on driveways in a neatly packaged plastic envelope questioned, “Do You Want A Black President?” and stated, “Black Ruled Nations most unstable and violent in the world.”

“Why should we seal our fate by allowing a black ruler to destroy us?” said the flier, which also detailed what it contended were facts on unemployment, poverty, HIV and crime rates among African Americans, while pointing out woes of a couple of predominantly black-populated countries. [/quote][/quote]

I’m guessing the white supremacists would be against having a black president regardless of which party he/she were from.

Smells like a desperate Demo trick to me.

I suppose you’re also going to blame the Democrats for those buttons GOPpers were lining up to buy at the Texas GOP convention this year - the ones questioning whether if Obama is elected it could still be called the “White House”.

Of course some Republican friends have been careful to note that McCain, himself, has vowed not to personally use push-polling to spread rumors that Barack Obama has a “mixed-race love child” like Rove’s boys did to McCain back in 2000 in the Southern States. Of course, these astroturf-style proxy groups like the “Patriots” are immune from such promises.

My guess is that we’re going to hear a whole lot from the “Patriots” on the Republican-linked media outlets like Fox, Rush Limbaugh, Hal Turner, etc.

Wishing it so does not always make it so.

So…are you gettin’ in on the Soros money also?

Good for you. I admire capitalism.

T. Boone Pickens might be a better source than Soros for funds for a group like the “League of American Patriots”. Perhaps a collection can be taken up by the angry “white sheet” Republicans, like Hal Turner and David Duke – given their regular opportunities to speak on Fox, I’m sure the “League of American Patriots” astroturf group will soon be able to distribute their anti-Obama materials in an even bigger pickup truck.

Why do these guys all have “Obama '08” bumper stickers on their vehicles?

You mean the Republicans? I suppose Obama probably appeals to swing voters who understand actuarials and realize that Palin looks dangerous and clueless as a very likely president. As to the white-sheet Republicans, the “Obama '08” bumperstickers would have to be some sort of “inside joke”. Maybe Trent Lott can explain it to us.

MFGR,

Its kinda funny watching you complain about smear tactics… :laughing:

[quote=“Tigerman”]MFGR,

Its kinda funny watching you complain about smear tactics… :laughing:[/quote]
While watching the mess he’s making with his spatula. :laughing:

[quote=“Tigerman”]MFGR,

Well, I realize that usually I am a bit more stoic about GOPper smear tactics, so it is out of character for me to show my displeasure. But given what we saw with the smearboaters in 2004, these well-funded Republican proxy groups punch low and hard.

And then back when McCain was a much younger man in 2000, it was terrible to see him getting eaten alive by his own party’s push-polling – those guys calling up households in the Carolinas to tell them all about McCain’s supposed “mixed-race love child” as a way of trying to push the Republican primary voters’ hot buttons. Likewise, it’s awful to see groups run around and pollute up people’s homes with these sorts of flyers and brochures.

mofa -
Which one are you?

If I had time for comic books, I’d probably be Captain America. You the one in the “Red Skull” cosplay outfit? I thought so.

[quote=“mofangongren”][quote=“Tigerman”]MFGR,

Well, I realize that usually I am a bit more stoic about GOPper smear tactics, so it is out of character for me to show my displeasure. But given what we saw with the smearboaters in 2004, these well-funded Republican proxy groups punch low and hard.

And then back when McCain was a much younger man in 2000, it was terrible to see him getting eaten alive by his own party’s push-polling – those guys calling up households in the Carolinas to tell them all about McCain’s supposed “mixed-race love child” as a way of trying to push the Republican primary voters’ hot buttons. Likewise, it’s awful to see groups run around and pollute up people’s homes with these sorts of flyers and brochures.[/quote]
It’s still too early to bring out the big guns. Now with 40 days till the election, there is still too much time for fact checking. They will wait until right before voting time to lay some big Obama bombshell on us. That’s why I’m starting the Impeach McCain drive early.

[quote]You the one in the “Red Skull” cosplay outfit? I thought so.[/quote]Thinking make yer brain hurt?

I always was a Green Lantern fan. Loved the ring and the Oath he always took. Collected his books as a youth.
Although I did have the nickname ‘The Flash’ once upon a time as I was a very good sprinter. Strange considering my long time and well known aversion to running. But I did rather well for 100 yrds or so…then resumed a more moderate, and much more sensible, pace for the rest of the time.
‘Ex-Lax’ was another nick of mine. I’ll leave that one to your abundant imagination.

There is a reason that “swiftboat” has become a verb.