2010 Toyota Tundra

one huge buggah for a yoda!

why in taiwan? damn engine tax is retarded every year :fume:

if i was in states maybe? then again why not a ford F250 :discodance:

I have owned many Toyota’s in the past. Among those also this Tundra 4x4 version. In Europe they go by the name of Hilux, sold as a single cab, double cab or extra cab. The extra cab with 4x4 and a 2.4 diesel engine (without a turbo) I even took to Iceland all around the island. It did great, at least until that last river I tried to cross. Before me a stupid Ford van on huge balloon tires drove over to the other side while I thought this river was too much to try. So, if he can, my great Toyota, that has never ever let me down can do too.

I learned to be more humble after that, and I now know what a snorkel is haha. After that I had 2 Landcruiser Custom Wagons (4 liter Turbo Diesels) and 1 Landcruiser Pick Up truck (4.2 turbo diesel). Bought all cars new and drove them till 100.000 km. Never ever let me down, which I absolutely can NOT say about the Mercedes and Volkwagens I had (European overrated junk). I used my cars to pull a 12 meter long flat bed trailer to transport 3 RV’s. Total length of this combination could go up to 18 or 19 meters. That length would be illegal off course but I never got fined for that (all other possible fines I did get during the 15 years I imported those RV’s). Top speed would be around 110 km/h. Max speed allowed is 80 but to kick it down to 110 is almost as good as an orgasm and worth the risk of a fine lol.

Frans
former owner of caravan.nu

Frans, the Hilux is not the same as Tundra, Hilux is actually the Tacoma chassis.

The Tundra is kinda North American special so we can put our super-size McDonald drink cups in, the Tundra actually never comes with a 4cylinder, they only come in with gas engines and are all built in the US, they also come with towing package that can tow up to 10000lbs, (not that I’d do it, we tow’d an 18ft trailer with about 6000lbs of load with 10hrs trip, wasn’t that pleasant with the 4.7L, compare to how easy it was to tow it with a Dodge 2500 Cummins)

Top Gear Polar Challenge. If you haven’t seen it already, its the absolute Toyota ad.

Frans in Taiwan, don’t use your Volkswagen Beetle to cross rivers or pull mammoth trees with it… :pray:

Had Volkswagens in the past (before Toyota was on the market in Holland) but they suck. So did Land Rover. Those we did use for pulling out trees hahah!

How the hell did you know that? :roflmao:

As you know I’m in the process of purchasing a 2004 model from a friend. You really should take a good look through that thread before attempting to purchase a pickup and register it as a “huo che”. There are a number of pitfalls you should be aware of…

1. To qualify for the tax break, you can legally only carry passengers on a single, front bench seat and no more than 1 extra passenger.

2. You need a Taiwan ID and two gaurenteurs (sp?) from your local “Li” stating that they basically swear you won’t carry passengers.

3. The mileage is disgusting, and parking is a bit of a nightmare. I’ve already gotten 2x parking tickets for using 2x spaces.

How much is a new 2010 double cab Tundra?

I feel so manly just reading this thread.

[quote=“kdk”][quote=“smellybumlove”]i wanted a tacoma for business use a while back (scooter transport) that and the whole TRD supercharger modifaction :smiley:
turns out you pay less tax as its registered as a truck, even if it is a 4.0 v6, just paint the numberplate on the back of the truck and bobs your uncle… you have a truck that does 5mpg and 0-100 in 6 seconds while carrying scooters.

Parking the thing and living with it day in day out would be a nightmare though :frowning:[/quote]

Yep, the 4x4 fraternity likes these trucks as the tax is half that of normal cars. So for a 4.0L pickup/truck, you only pay 19k in road tax intead of 39k.

On top of that you get gobs of power, 4x4 and the versatility of the pickup bed.

Tacoma is pushing it on mountain roads especially with oncoming buses, Tundra would be impossible for all but the large mountain roads.[/quote]

Well my friend, I just test drove a 2004 taco with a 3.4l supercharged V6. Quite spunky at 260bhp, but much, much smaller than the Tundra. 100,000km, very clean; 890,000NT, which is about what I paid for the Tundra of the same year. I’m sorry, but the two vehicles for room, comfort and ride aren’t even in the same category. Strangely, the Taco sells for around the same price as the Tundra. Go figure.

As for the Tundra being unable to cope with Taiwan mountain roads, I beg to differ. I have no issues with the Tundra on any but the tiniest of roads.

Finally, the 2010 Tundra…A true luxury beast, but you’d have to lift it 6 inches just to hop a curb, let alone off road. Reclining rear seats in a truck cab…What will they think of next?

I’m very happy with what I’ve got, with about 2.75inches of lift and 32’s, I can actually get out in the dirt/beach and play a bit.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Ducked”]Hang on, that appears to be a TRUCK.

I thought we’d pretty much decided that TRUCKS were legal only for business use in Taiwan???

[/quote]
It’s a truck. For men with ponytails.[/quote]

… And small penises.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“kdk”][quote=“smellybumlove”]i wanted a tacoma for business use a while back (scooter transport) that and the whole TRD supercharger modifaction :smiley:
turns out you pay less tax as its registered as a truck, even if it is a 4.0 v6, just paint the numberplate on the back of the truck and bobs your uncle… you have a truck that does 5mpg and 0-100 in 6 seconds while carrying scooters.

Parking the thing and living with it day in day out would be a nightmare though :frowning:[/quote]

Yep, the 4x4 fraternity likes these trucks as the tax is half that of normal cars. So for a 4.0L pickup/truck, you only pay 19k in road tax intead of 39k.

On top of that you get gobs of power, 4x4 and the versatility of the pickup bed.

Tacoma is pushing it on mountain roads especially with oncoming buses, Tundra would be impossible for all but the large mountain roads.[/quote]

Well my friend, I just test drove a 2004 taco with a 3.4l supercharged V6. Quite spunky at 260bhp, but much, much smaller than the Tundra. 100,000km, very clean; 890,000NT, which is about what I paid for the Tundra of the same year. I’m sorry, but the two vehicles for room, comfort and ride aren’t even in the same category. Strangely, the Taco sells for around the same price as the Tundra. Go figure.

As for the Tundra being unable to cope with Taiwan mountain roads, I beg to differ. I have no issues with the Tundra on any but the tiniest of roads.

Finally, the 2010 Tundra…A true luxury beast, but you’d have to lift it 6 inches just to hop a curb, let alone off road. Reclining rear seats in a truck cab…What will they think of next?

I’m very happy with what I’ve got, with about 2.75inches of lift and 32’s, I can actually get out in the dirt/beach and play a bit.[/quote]
I love tacos! :smiley:

Who would take a 2004 taco out for a test bite?!?