2012 Democratic National Convention

It was fun watching Bill Clinton tear apart Republican lies about work requirements and Medicare. It is rich that they tried to use his name in an attempt to appeal to white working class voters, only to have him make it clear those references are specious, and he wants nothing to do with the Republicans.

I think Obama did well. Many commentators have said it sounded more like a State of the Union speech than a convention speech. That’s true, but this isn’t the 19th century. Conventions are about more than just the party. Obama was speaking directly to swing voters.

Both of the conventions attacked the opposing candidate, but the difference is that the Republicans didn’t actually attack Obama. They created various strawmen versions and attacked those. Republicans have no sense of shame. Clinton had it right when he said Ryan has attacked Obama’s defunding of Medicare Advantage, while keeping those same cuts in his own bill. The hypocrisy of Republicans is amazing.

Democrats, on the other hand, went after the actual Romney. Romney has stated that he will replace Medicare with Ryans’ Vouchercare. Romney wrote an essay exhorting the government to allow Detroit to go bankrupt. Romney will repeal ObamaCare, which the CBO says will raise medical costs by removing free preventive care and driving people to emergency rooms. Romney supports Ryan’s plan, which the Tax Policy Center says would add $2.5 trillion to the deficit over 10 years. Democrats attacked Romney for these and other things, all of which are true and can be verified by FactCheck and PolitiFact.

My favorite Bill Clinton speech:

I think his speech was an improvement over prior ones, especially the drivel tossed at his first convention. At least he looked like he was having a swell time, though it goes without saying that all these speeches at conventions these days are preaching to the converted, and thus even more full of lies & distortion.

I thought the reversal on Jerusalem was a little shady in the way it was carried out.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]I think his speech was an improvement over prior ones, especially the drivel tossed at his first convention. At least he looked like he was having a swell time, though it goes without saying that all these speeches at conventions these days are preaching to the converted, and thus even more full of lies & distortion.

I thought the reversal on Jerusalem was a little shady in the way it was carried out.

[/quote]

A little shady? It’s not often you catch such a good glimpse of the man behind the curtain in American politics but anybody who still believes the American people are the masters of their own destiny rather than pawns in a charade is a blithering idiot.

[quote=“Winston Smith”]My favorite Bill Clinton speech:

[/quote]

he can sleep as many willing interns as he wants, as long as he does a great job being a president. Politicians’ legal personal affairs are none of my concern.

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“Winston Smith”]My favorite Bill Clinton speech:

[/quote]

he can sleep as many willing interns as he wants, as long as he does a great job being a president. Politicians’ legal personal affairs are none of my concern.[/quote]

And apparently perjury, sexual harassment and lying to the American people about it doesn’t concern you either.

The first two are pure fantasy, since he didn’t do either. The third is debatable. But if you want to talk about lying to the American people, remember your hero, former liar-in-chief George W. Bush.

1. Of course Clinton perjured himself, sexually harassed women, and lied to the American people. What fantasy world are you living in?

2. I don’t think Bush II was a hero to Winston Smith.

The first two are pure fantasy, since he didn’t do either. The third is debatable. But if you want to talk about lying to the American people, remember your hero, former liar-in-chief George W. Bush.[/quote]

I don’t have liars for heroes. George Bush is a liar and Bill Clinton, accused rapist and serial sexual predator and current icon of the Democratic Party, is a liar – unless all the women who accused him of rape and sexual harassment are liars:

Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape 
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned

Oh look, the same widely debunked list from 15 years ago, pulled from a conspiracy theory website.

If you are one to suggest that Slick Willie was not a liar, a predator, and may or not have perjured himself, then I think your lack of logic in this matter flies in the face of all that makes a great politician.
I like Bubba. He’s a survivor in the finest of Presidential traditions.
Something like swine such as Nixon never even came close. Reagan, now that’s a doss kant that one must admire by the standards mentioned above.

what happened to “until proven guilty”?

Semen stains on a blue dress.

Semen stains on a blue dress.[/quote]

that proves rape?

I really don’t think that applies to politicians. Look what happened to Nixon, who should have been …
Well, ye ken?

He killed Vince Foster.

No. It proves perjury. He was disbarred for the perjury.

[quote=“Tigerman”]
No. It proves perjury. He was disbarred for the perjury.[/quote]

yet he was not convicted of perjury. again, what happened to until proven guilty?

[color=#0000FF]On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message. But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those were Russian warships.[/color]

:unamused:

[quote=“Tigerman”]
[color=#0000FF]On the last night of the Democratic National Convention, a retired Navy four-star took the stage to pay tribute to veterans. Behind him, on a giant screen, the image of four hulking warships reinforced his patriotic message. But there was a big mistake in the stirring backdrop: those were Russian warships.[/color]

:unamused:[/quote]

That’s funny. :laughing: But maybe it was meant to portray the enemy you guys vanquished?