2012: It's London!

:uk: :uk: :uk:

Cool. I’ve been teaching my daughter to swim recently in anticipation of representing Australia in most likely Paris or London. London will do.

Its true. Just saw this on the tv. Not that I would doubt sheepshagger of course.

London is my favorite city. But, haven’t been to Paris yet.

I was thrilled that the IOC gave a big “F-YOU!!!” to Paris … and congratulations to London, too! :bravo:

Exactly! The world would have become an unbearable place if all were compelled to listen to the smug arrogance of well…you can finish this sentence yourself.

Once again Britain triumphs over France (and Spain) just over 200 years after Trafalgar when Britain triumphed over France (and Spain).

Celebrations in Trafalgar Square as we write.

Poetry.

To Ken Livingston: Nice one!

Would love to see Chirac’s face when he goes to Gleneagles and meets our Tone.

Haha!

Yippee!

:uk: :uk:

54 to 50 votes is not exactly ‘a big “F-YOU!!!”’.

Yawn. We could all be dead in seven years’ time.

54 to 50 votes is not exactly ‘a big “F-YOU!!!”’.[/quote]

It’s big enough. The winner takes it all. Won’t see the sign “Welcome To Paris The Almost Got The Olympics City” at Charles De Gaulle airport.

Haha!

:uk: :uk: :uk:

[b]54 to 50 votes is not exactly ‘a big “F-YOU!!!”’.[/quote]

It’s big enough. The winner takes it all[/b]. Won’t see the sign “Welcome To Paris The Almost Got The Olympics City” at Charles De Gaulle airport.

Haha!

:uk: :uk: :uk:[/quote]

Hmm how interesting that you feel this way…it reminds me of a recent presidential election. :wink:

Winner does take all.

BTW, I fart in Paris’s general DIrection.

What was it little Buddha said they were doing to Miss Hilton?

I don’t get it.

I’m just so happy to see Chirac getting knocked down again and again … no lifting of the EU arms embargo on China, no ratification of his beloved EU constitution, no Olympics … and getting criticized in the media for his rude and totally arrogant and uncalled for comment along the lines of the people who eat the kind of food the British do can’t be trusted. :unamused:

He he he he he… Anything that takes something away from the French is good. If it’s the Brits that take it away, even better.

congratulations to London and the UK. from a semi-former-citizen of a losing city, almost couldn’t think of anyone i’d have liked to win it more!

Congrats London, although Paris I felt has been more deserving. I’m just glad NY didn’t win. No support should be given to the US until their support is given to international organizations.

don’t be facetious, ny was never going to win, we knew it, and the international organizations can… move to another city.

Something about Elderberry wine as well. (Holy Grail?)

Unbelievable! Think off all those poor buggers that will suffer terrible food, accommodation and transport during the games…

And I’m a Londoner.

L. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never in the history of man will so much be paid for such poor food

You have no idea what you are talking about; curries are superb. There’s nothing like a pork vindaloo to make you run faster.

EDIT: Apologies – image currently unavailable.