2013 Costco thread

I was going to buy some spegetti but all they had was angel hair (which I don’t like), or the whole wheat stuff (which is healthy but I don’t find it tasty). I just want regular spegetti and I find that they cost the same as carrefour.

And traditional markets are being killed off slowly and painfully, by property developers, the g’ment and avian flu…

Honestly, I only buy eggs at the organic supermarket. Same with milk. But cheese price is unbeatable at Costco, as well as toilet paper. :smiley:

It would be an interesting analysis but Costco isn’t about low prices and typically their quality is better for similar products. One example is the eggs that you mention. Costco’s eggs look like they are twice the size of eggs everywhere else. The shells are also thicker than the cheapest eggs. Presumably they are also healthier but that is tricky to prove. I actually prefer buying my eggs at Costco but only if I’m driving my car. It’s a PITA to take a 2 dozen carton of eggs on a motorcycle.

Has anybody tried the ‘photocatalyst mosquito catcher’ that they sell in Costco?
It’s the type with a fan to suck the mozzies in when they get close enough.
Do they actually work?

A couple of years ago we brought a floor standing Phillips UV bug zapper, it catches everything except mosquitos. As I understand it mosquitos aren’t attracted to UV lights in these things. But the one at Costco supposedly puts out a bit of CO2 to lure them in.

Go electrified racquet, or go home!

Busting a mosquito with the racquet is satisfying, but chasing the blighters around the room at 4am is not. I was hoping to get something that keeps my bedroom pest free with without too much input from me.

[quote=“Gary78”]Has anybody tried the ‘photocatalyst mosquito catcher’ that they sell in Costco?
It’s the type with a fan to suck the mozzies in when they get close enough.
Do they actually work?

A couple of years ago we brought a floor standing Phillips UV bug zapper, it catches everything except mosquitos. As I understand it mosquitos aren’t attracted to UV lights in these things. But the one at Costco supposedly puts out a bit of CO2 to lure them in.[/quote]

Dunno about that one, but I got the one for roaches ages ago and it ain’t workin’.

I went to the Neihu Costco just before closing tonight, and I couldn’t find literally half of what I wanted. No angel hair, only the whole wheat spaghetti that takes forever to cook; no nut mix, just giant containers of only one type of nut; no frozen burritos (I think they don’t sell them anymore), just frozen beef and chicken bakes; no small bags of tortilla chips (I’m afraid they’re gone too), just the ginormous bag of Costco’s chips that I don’t really like. Oh, and there was no four-flavor smoked salmon–that’s the first time I’ve ever seen that missing. I get that they switch out items from time to time for variety’s sake, but damn, it’s really annoying when you take the time to go there only to leave without what you wanted.

On the bright side, they actually have sea salt kettle chips now.

anyone seen any heavy cream?
im desperate for 0 carb heavy cream, like Land O’ Lakes Heavy Cream, which theyre supposed to sell

Is that how they market it, 0 carb heavy cream?
That’s hilarious.

How much is the membership on NT’s, mine expired last March and on US is like 50 bucks.

They only have whipping cream…

1200 nts = 40 usd. BTW, you can only use American Express credit cards or their own brand -but their own has teh advantage that purchases make points and that is taken off your membership or selected shopping spree.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Is that how they market it, 0 carb heavy cream?
That’s hilarious.[/quote]

It is. They love this kind of marketing. “gluten free corn meal” etc etc.

Oh well,I guess that will have to do…

Am wanting to signing to up to the Costco in Nankan, only problem is I can’t speak Mandarin. How do you rate my chances? Also is it still $1000 NT to sign up???

You will be fine. It’s still NT$1,000 or 1,200 I think.

You will be fine. It’s still NT$1,000 or 1,200 I think.[/quote]

1000 corporate, 1200 individual.

or find a friend who has a costco card who can sign you into their membership, it’s only 500 in that case.

Na…I want cheese now. All my friends are in Taipei, and I don’t really wanna go to a Costco on a Saturday or Sunday…

Thanks Forumosa!