2013 Tour de France

I thought there would be a thread on this already. :s

Anyway, after Stage 6 the top 25 in the General Classification are:

:popcorn:

Froome? Contador? I reckon Evans is getting a bit long in the tooth, and he’s already down a few seconds, but he might be peaking just at the right time after placing well in the Giro. Or maybe van Garderen will put him out to pasture. :astonished: ( Actually, I’m still in shock after reading Sir Bradley Wiggins suggests he may never ride Tour de France again ).

Tomorrow’s stage:

Looks good for a breakaway.

A few Aussies in the top again: and GreenEdge doing really well.

Evans is well placed, but then so is Contador, and Froome looks pretty good too. Hard to pick a winner at this stage, but patriotism makes me back Evans again. Good thing Nibali isn’t riding.

The yellow jersey is still up in the air but Sagan is dominating the green jersey so far. This weekends races should be interesting as they hit some mountains.

Froome Dog! :scooby:

Nice to see van Garderen crack before Evans but, still, Cadel must be contemplating his age after today’s results.

Jesus, how utterly predictable that was and how demoralizing for everyone else. I think the tour’s over; even if something happens to the F-dog Riche Porte looks just as good.

It was exciting for just a bit while Quintana was off the front mind.

Maybe all the other teams need to pool their resources to take Sky on.

that might happen tonight.

Damn, I was off on a yacht for the last two days and didn’t catch the first pyreneeeeeees stage. A,thanks for spoiling that for me! :smiley: and B, i’ll struggle to stay awake for tonight’s stage but will definitely try to make it.

Jesus, Sky blew apart there, especially Porte. Guess Saturday’s efforts wrecked them. I think everyone’s happy to see that, makes for a much more interesting tour. Pity Contador sans EPO has no legs, only Quintana looks like he can actually go off the front on the big hills.

Been avoiding this thread till a suitable rest day.

Looks like the Yellow and Green jerseys are pretty much decided. White could still change hands, I guess.

It’s been entertaining watching the Sky team fall apart somewhat (thank feck or it would be extremely boring). Quite enjoying watching Contador. Felt really bad for Valverde the other day. What a shit time to get a puncture. Just shows how quickly time can be lost.

Quintana’s great, btw.

Oh, and COME ON DAN MARTIN!!!

what is funny with “le tour de France” is that the guys are faster every years.
this is an old video ( 6+ years ) aired on canal+ which resume what everyone think about the guys.

:roflmao:

Great to see Chris Froome win Stage 17,Time trial today. He is looking good for the win…I shouldn’t have said that :astonished: He’s contended with crazy, barefooted dudes jumping in front of his bike, red flares, cheering and jeering. He’s climbed the 1912 metres of Ventoux in less than an hour.

Um, dopage?
He’ll swear black and blue that its No, of course. But the times say otherwise.

Just like wiggo last year but more so.

Um, dopage?

Just like wiggo last year but more so.[/quote]

I dunno he sure looked human last night.

I think the sports reached the stage where anyone performing too well is assumed to be doping. Even I thought his TT win the other night looked like suspiciously easy.

On an unrelated note though Saxo completely fucked up their tactics last night. Hope to see Quintana really cook Bertie’s goose tonight.

It’s possible that Froome is doping but Richie Porte is Froome’s biggest advantage over the rest of the field.

It looks like the race for the GC podium could be interesting the next two days.

Um, dopage?

Just like wiggo last year but more so.[/quote]

What times are those, then?

Sadly,the Lance(and others) legacy has tarnished the sport. I fear ,it will take years for people to accept a good performance,as being possible without the enhancement of drugs.To be fair,even I wonder,as drugs were so widely used, by so many,that it has completely gone.

Floyd Landis was the final nail in the coffin for me. When he recovered to ride that amazing stage in 2006. Wow!

Don’t believe any of it now.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Floyd Landis was the final nail in the coffin for me. When he recovered to ride that amazing stage in 2006. Wow!

Don’t believe any of it now.[/quote]
Very sad situation ,indeed. It also makes one reconsider,many of the greatest sporting achievements,over the years. The horror of contemplating (Dr,) Roger Bannister’s 4 Minute mile,even.Long ago,as it was. :ponder:

itv.com/tourdefrance/news/fr … -to-paris/

road.cc/content/news/88760-lequi … consistent

Still wanna talk about the Interweb’s obsession with (meaningless) “times up climbs”?

Even though Froome has dominated the GC this has been an enjoyable tour. It looks like we will get some action today as the polka dot and the podium places are still up for grabs.

I watched the Alpe d’Huez stage - a real man would’ve suffered inside the last 5km, instead of sending his mate scurrying back to the team car for illegal energy gels.
That would’ve been true entertainment, Froome bonking badly and then winning or losing the Tour right there on the Alpe.

Instead it’s ‘send Richie back for some food’ and all’s Ok with the world. I almost turned off at that point.
The more I see/hear of Monsieur FroomeDog, the less I warm to him.