2018 Costco Thread

Last year was such a disaster due to lack of traffic and crowd control that I imagine they’ve either decided to have no Black Friday or at least not advertise it.

1 Like

That’s right, last year was a mess! Almost forgot about that. I’m sure you’re right and that’s why nothing this year.

Low key but I wouldn’t say nothing

Neihu Costco will have traffic control

Think this is a leaked list of Black Friday specials, but I relied on google translate for it

Black Friday is featured in the current Passport of Savings.

I may mosey over to see the action. Last year was a PTSD-inducing, claustrophobic thing where for twenty minutes or so there was no way to make it downstairs to an exit. I had been among the flood of people let in when they rolled up the entry gate, and I remember that even the escalator going up was jam packed, literally elbow to elbow. When I got to the second floor I was treated to a foot race for the back wall that would have done E St Louis proud - although there was zero violence, no shoving, minimal shouting, and no holiday music. I loved it.

Any good deals in there? And any mention of special hours?

Edit: Just saw that they are advertising it on the website.

https://www.costco.com.tw/c/Hero_Black?utm_source=Homepage&utm_campaign=Hero&utm_medium=P3W4&utm_content=Hero2black

afaik Costco never announces BF deals in the US, it’s all about driving foot traffic and new memberships there. I don’t think a list like this was released last year by Costco until after BF had kicked off.

Also, some of the prices are higher than everyday prices. The Bose soundbar is advertised in your link at NT$9,149 but it was available last weekend for NT$8,999.
50%20AM

The Yamaha YAS-207 is listed for NT$11,199 but I bought one a month ago for NT$10,999.
37%20AM

Imgur

If these prices are advertised correctly (and I wonder about that), then it would behoove shoppers to price check before buying.

I signed up last week with my health insurance card.

If I didn’t work on Friday I would go there super early to get there first because all the cool stuff on sale will be sold out by the time Friday afternoon rolls around…

Got this in my Email today:
Screenshot_1

Good luck to those who wanna brave the stampede :rofl:

I don’t think those are the Black Friday deals, think those are either mail order prices or some weekly specials. Costco doesn’t advertise Black Friday specials. They say you have to come to the store to find out, but last year some employees leaked them.

Yeah maybe so. The prices are def wonky. There are items at the bottom of p4 that are listed already as “sold out,” which can’t be true. And while Costco often overhauls its floor displays (at least once per week), I’m not sure they could change things around in time to display items on all 4 pages in the link by tomorrow morning. Many of those items are not currently sold, and it would be a herculean task to add them in time.

I noticed this too.

Didn’t you go last year and it was a zoo?

In other news…has anyone tried the official Costco app? It is really getting on my nerves. Too many safety issues.

Allow phone calls? No, are you mad?!
Asks for card barcode. So you have to allow it to take photos.
Then it wants your email…

What’s next, my first born?!

I wanted to but I heard things sold out very quickly.

I would want to buy an iPad or something with a good discount but those will be gone within the first 2 hours.

They prob have access to it all anyways =P

News says stores opened earlier. Like, two hours earlier. Huge crowds outside.

Godspeed.

We need live pictures

2 Likes

And prices of products!

1 Like

Some slight discounts lol

1 Like