Top Instant Cup Noodles Pao Mian 泡麵 in Asia

They tried over 200 in Asia and three of the top 10 are from Taiwan.

2 Likes

Huh - does anyone on the board actually eat instant noodles? I haven’t had any in years, but that’s based in large part on far too many bowls of crap instant noodles in college in Canada. Maybe I should get a few of these for ultra lazy lunches or dinners.

Curious list. Many of those photos look shockingly appetizing.

some of them are actually not bad, feels kinda like a satchet of dog food when they have actual meat in them but yea its not bad. i just can’t accept eating instant noodles more than a couple times a year.

1 Like

I buy a 6-pack every few months for those days when I’m too lazy to eat or do anything else. I usually buy Korean.

1 Like

I’ve had all 3 Taiwan entrees, all very very good! :star_struck:

There’s a Taiwanese seafood one that I quite like. Apart from that, I only eat Korean and Japanese pao mian. And it’s once a week. Saturday afternoons, when I’m really lazy.
I usually add some tuna, chili and poach an egg in it.

they do nothing for me anymore. this is the only one i like. maybe because it tastes like a pot noodle? pot noodles used to be great when i was a kid, seems they changed the recipe nowadays. last time i had one it wasn’t how i remembered.

The ones from SE Asia in that article look really good. I haven’t had one from anywhere in ages, though. I would much rather actually cook one and possibly add a few things. Shin Ramen from Korea is about the only one I eat anymore.

This UFO one from Japan looked interesting and is a different cooking concept where you add boiling water from one corner and then strain it out from another corner.

Maybe great for some people but for me not enough flavor.

That’s what I call true innovation!