2020 : My journey towards getting Taiwanese Citizenship for myself and my infant daughter

5 Likes

Congratulations! :beers: Have you managed to get your ID card yet ?

2 Likes

Same here, I have flights booked for the end of May. I haven’t seen my parents in 1.5 years.
I’ll only focus on fixing my bank stuff before travel. I will do the rest when I return.

Thanks!

And yes, I got my ID yesterday as well but not without a bit of drama. They couldn’t find my info on the system and they called NIA and they said they had already uploaded…. Took me almost 2 hours there waiting for them to figure it out.

5 Likes

What’s the first thing you’re gonna do now you have the rights of a Taiwanese citizen?

Apply for twenty credit cards?

Get a GT mobile contract without a guarantor?

The possibilities are endless

2 Likes

Awesome!

Must have been scary to be told we can’t find you in the system. It’s good that you have your other citizenship as backup if things go wrong.

1 Like

First thing is get the real passport.

I already have 4 credit cards and a phone contract without guarantors. FET has treated me well throughout the years.

But still thinking of the coolest or weirdest thing I could do with this face with TW ID lol.

4 Likes

Rename yourself to something with *fish to get a discount in a sushi place! :rofl:

9 Likes

Run for ward chief?

3 Likes

Well, conscription office called already, not even 24 hours after I got my ID. For that, they don’t have any delays like they do between Immigration and HRO.

6 Likes

Village Chief? lol

4 Likes

I thought you aren’t eligible for conscription until 1 year after obtaining national ID card?

1 Like

:salute:

2 Likes

What did they say?

Can anyone share the link to the Chinese version of this flow chart?

I think the English version has an error here and I want to compare with the Chinese version:

Surely passing the exam is enough, and you don’t also need 72 hours of class time.

1 Like

Looks like any one of those three items is sufficient:

下列各款文件之一者,認定具備我國基本語言能力及國民權利義務基本常識:

一、曾就讀國內公私立各級各類學校一年以上之證明。

二、曾參加國內政府機關所開設之課程上課總時數或累計時數達一定時間以上之證明。

三、參加歸化取得我國國籍者基本語言能力及國民權利義務基本常識測試(以下簡稱歸化測試)合格之證明。

2 Likes

This is the one I found :

3 Likes

This is a newer version to the one I linked above, can you share the page you found it on?

Or maybe they didn’t release an English translation for this version yet.

Finally received the settlement permit in the mail. Will apply for ID tomorrow or Friday.

3 Likes

This is the page where I found it. I’ve highlighted the link.

2 Likes