2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest II

I voted six times (and that’s not even the record). Name the movie…

Nothing works right in the U.S. of Abnormality these days.

Rockefeller Plaza Christmas tree for 2020:

…and what is abnormal about that tree?

Fake news.

The new “normal” . . . held together with baling wire after fake branches added to it:

On Thursday afternoon, days after the famed tree arrived in New York City looking a little less than lush and was met with critiques from online commenters, spectators in the Big Apple noticed that it appeared to be getting some extra filler branches added to it.

An onlooker at the scene told PEOPLE that a crew member working on adding the coniferous extensions to the tree said that it was “normal” to do so. The passerby noted that the new branches seemed to be wrapped with thick rope, though it’s unclear for what purpose.

“Having failed to make even a plausible case of widespread fraud or conspiracy before any court of law, the President has now resorted to overt pressure on state and local officials to subvert the will of the people and overturn the election. It is difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting American President.”

Go Mittens!

4 Likes

trump is trying to overturn the Will of the People. He wants to end American democracy, and many prominent Republicans are supporting him in this un-American coup attempt.

1 Like

I gotta say as someone who majored in US politics this is exciting stuff. Remember we discussed faithless electors way back in the thread? Trump is crazy enough to try and run that play right now.

1 Like

Seem to remember the Democrats having the conversation about faithless electors in 2016.

3 Likes

I didn’t even know what they were till two weeks ago. :joy:

It was all the media would go on about for a while, in between anyone seen talking to a Russian was colluding with Russians to steal the election. Of course back then it was heroic to push for faithless electors, now of course it’s “destroying American Democracy”

3 Likes

It’s a truly bizarre system. I can’t see what value it could have in this day and age.

If the people vote in a snake oil salesman then so be it, that is their will.

1 Like

Exactly! I prefer proportional representation, but then again USA is not my county it’s the Americans country. Their system, they choose chose who they want, if it’s Joe Biden, Joe Biden is what they get.

Now when it comes to secure elections, I think Taiwan does great, very secure, same day result no one complains. Most people don’t anyway. USA is always such a shitshow when it comes to politics.

1 Like

And worse:

4 Likes

That didn’t come from the top, though. The current coup-coup insanity is coming from the top echelons of the Repubiclan Party, which is run by madmen.

Well, I don’t have much of an opinion on faithless electors except to say what’s the point of having an election if after a candidate wins you have elector that can just go and do the opposite of what the people voted for?

But again, not my system it’s the American system and if they like it who am I to complain.

1 Like

Loser Island

Population: 1

3 Likes

Done and dusted.

3 Likes

Praying that Rice won’t be appointed secretary of state.

President Trump announced cuts in medicine costs for people.

If elected, I am sure Biden will scrap that and put the prices back up for his handlers in big pharma.