2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

the_donald in a nutshell, thanks. :rofl:

1 Like

Durn. Checkm8te. Well, pretty sure she’ll be encouraged anyway.

Go Pocahontas, go !!! :star_struck:

What we are seeing is the ascension of an authoritarian left. Maybe you don’t like to think you are associated with a wing of a party that has authoritarian leanings, doesn’t change reality Im afraid.

1 Like

I think many are just confused about where their ability for free speech ends, and has always ended.

In which case I’d recommend reading about it more and talking about it less, lest they embarrass themselves further.

No, some of us think very clearly. The debate on trans was interesting, because when we got around to discussing what rights women have, those on the trans side would state “it’s not about them”.

Which is interesting because it exposes a particular type of thinking, for those as a part of the trans community pushing rights, the mindset is only to think about that sphere of influence and the rest of society must adapt, there are no boundaries or limits within or acknowledging people can have different opinions.

You see this with illegal immigration where the current Democrat candidates have all but capitulated to the point there is no law or limit to accommodating that particular group.

Then expand that to BLM, or the kinds of groups Linda Sarasour supports, the more extreme feminists all pushing for complete capitulation.

It’s a power grab, and you might be wise to employ slightly more cynicism in the motives behind it too.

2 Likes
1 Like

More shameful media coverage…pervasive and ongoing

1 Like

It was an attack by Warren, working with CNN, typical of baseless, perverse #metoo attacks we’ve seen before where the “villain” is guilty until proven innocent.

Democrats, get a new game. Your identity-politics hammer is large and heavy, yes, but you cannot then make every attack on a political opponent a nail. You’ve become boring in your predictability.

1 Like

What’s the world coming to when you can’t count on NPR to Trump bash? Shame! Well, at least we still have Vox. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yep, that article gave him a real bashing alright.

It hasn’t ended.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/01/15/sanders-warren_post-debate_conversation_picked_up_by_mic_you_called_me_a_liar_on_national_tv.html

But Warren’s bid probably has.

Better to the Berne than the Don.

Smh

Ascension of the authoritarian left? Who is seeing that? What is that?

Self reflection will be necessary, unfortunately it is not a quality the authoritarian left are known for possessing in noticeable amounts. This article (after a quick google, and written by someone on the left) touches on it. There’s much more to say of course.

To answer your question who is seeing it, everyone except those who are a part of the authoritarian left.

https://medium.com/@GappyTales/the-rise-of-the-authoritarian-left-2ed8a1a94e6d

I’m confused as to why she would be concerned about being called a liar on national TV one more time. Native America, fired for being pregnant, father a janitor, kids in public school…are there people left who haven’t called her a liar yet?

Also, Bernie is exactly right on this. Warren feeds CNN the story, CNN picks it up, CNN plays it up, CNN implies that Bernie is a liar, Warren gets the softball and makes the argument she wanted to make. How the hell is Bernie the bad guy in this?

2 Likes

You can just send the article. Don’t need the parts that are personal or about self relection as I think there’s no shortage of blinders going on from the people doing the mudslinging on that.

You really need to come to the US. It’s not what your computer box is telling you it is. Seriously.

I’m in the US often enough and in contact with people in the US all the time. This is not a US phenomena, it’s also UK, Canada, Australia. Most of the EU.

I promise you on this topic to only quote you left leaning journalists and scholars. I saw where this was heading about 4 years ago, maybe 6 in retrospect. But the left leaning thinkers are quickly realizing the intellectual dishonesty and moral malfeasance, so it’s not necessary for me to rely on right wing view points anymore, I can use left leaning ones.

Callout culture, cancel culture, deplatforming, antifa: all are examples.

Like you said, there are plenty of examples, including from academia.

Once all of the numbers were crunched, the researchers’ results were consistent with the authoritarianism symmetry hypothesis. In fact, after sorting participants into conservatives and liberals based on whether they scored in the top or bottom half of a 10-point conservatism scale, the researchers found that “the highest score for authoritarianism was for liberals on LWA.”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322031834_Finding_the_Loch_Ness_Monster_Left-Wing_Authoritarianism_in_the_United_States