2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

dems big #s, ha ha

3 Likes

People in India really like Trump. Before I didn’t hear much US politics but now it comes up.

Trump gives himself a D on covid:

For those who believe in polls:

Legitimacy is purely a matter of public perception. If true, this spells trouble.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/09/20/blm_protesters_harass_random_passersby_drivers_say_black_lives_matter.html

So, here’s the election in a nutshell for tens of millions of people: You don’t get to behave like this. Silence doesn’t equate to violence. That’s idiotic.

1 Like

Just to square it with the mods, let’s modify that to “probably BLM but not necessarily.”

Bots gonna bot and parrots gonna parrot of course:

Facebook posts claim that Sen. Kamala Harris said, “I like taking the guns early.” She didn’t say that, but President Donald Trump did.

Full Story

Dozens of conservative Facebook pages have been sharing a picture of Sen. Kamala Harris with a quote that says, in part, “I like taking the guns early.”

But the quote isn’t from Harris, who is the Democratic nominee for vice president. It’s from President Donald Trump.

Trump said it during a Feb. 28, 2018 meeting on gun violence, two weeks after 17 people were shot dead at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

I like taking the guns early . Like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida, he had a lot of firearms — they saw everything — to go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second .”

Yep- a lot of Republicans think Dems will try to steal the election through phony mail-in ballots; a lot of Dems think Republicans will try to steal the election by not counting mail-in ballots.

Which is weird cause Trump is the one who encouraged people to commit voter fraud.

I think maybe you’re right, knock on wood.

If the responses by Dems like Pelosi and AOC are any indication - both seeming to urge an expansion of riots er peaceful protests - then the Dems are def in the grave digging business here in late September. I raise my eyebrows at the likelihood that asking Americans to “do whatever it takes,” i.e., rioting has not been taken off the table, is a message as powerful as their last successful message, hope and change.

That said it’s not completely clear yet whether that grave is theirs or Trump’s.

By the way, is anybody else struck by the 180 Democrats have taken since 2010 or so?

In 2010 Democrats were all about agency. Scarcely ten years later nobody has agency, especially with respect to skin color.

Perhaps the centrifugal force of such sharp turns is responsible for Walk Away, at least in part.

Either way, it delegitimizes the government. It makes large swaths of people not trust the CDC, SCOTUS, POTUS, the FBI, The CIA.

It’s a radical tear it all down baby boomer hippie from 1965’s wet dream…IF you buy into it.

I…do not.

Well, I kinda do. My skin crawls when Americans start believing that more bigger government is The Answer, the default.

Well, unless we stop taxing income, that will keep happening. More production and consumption leads to more taxes, not necessarily higher taxes, just more. More taxes means more do gooders means bigger gubmint.

Yep. Also, it has always meant more and worse corruption. Throughout US history.

So more do gooders, gross tax revenue receipts that grow faster than net tax receipts (see corruption), more promises by government, more misplaced faith in government, bigger government.

Yup. Did the payroll tax freeze go into effect?

Would have to google, and I’m afraid I’m all googled out for today. Haven’t heard any more about it, so doubt it.

Ye of little faith. I have a pen and a phone strikes again.

1 Like