2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

The bombshell has nothing to do with complex accounting, and everything to do with:

• Evidence of his massive debt load of $421m, with no apparent cash on hand to pay for it
  • Dubious “consultant” payments to his children over many years, to dodge gift taxes
  • His dispute with the IRS over $73m of tax credits he should have have claimed and will likely need to pay back

LOOK OVER THERE! It’s antifa killing Grandma!

1 Like

Back in reality-land, this “bombshell” will be lucky to last a full news cycle, and will be long forgotten by election time. The fact that this story is coming out now is probably a good indication that the “Trump murdered 200,000 Americans!” narrative is losing steam.

4 Likes

I’m fully aware what’s going on in my bubble. It’s the one where a majority of Americans live, where we believe in science and evidence and facts, and where we aim to make the world a better place through an emphasis on good governance, education, health, and advancing human progress.

I much, much prefer this bubble to the one with all the crazies in it.

The water’s warm, come on over. I’ll hook you up with some New York Times stock and maybe you’ll get rich. Real rich, I mean, not Donnie rich, where you have to lick Vlad’s boots and pretend to like it.

We’ll see, cow, we’ll see.

The New York Twitter

Dear A.G.,

It is with sadness that I write to tell you that I am resigning from The New York Times.

I joined the paper with gratitude and optimism three years ago. I was hired with the goal of bringing in voices that would not otherwise appear in your pages: first-time writers, centrists, conservatives and others who would not naturally think of The Times as their home. The reason for this effort was clear: The paper’s failure to anticipate the outcome of the 2016 election meant that it didn’t have a firm grasp of the country it covers. . . .

But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. . . . My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist; . . .

As places like The Times and other once-great journalistic institutions betray their standards and lose sight of their principles, Americans still hunger for news that is accurate, opinions that are vital, and debate that is sincere. I hear from these people every day. . . .

But I can no longer do the work that you brought me here to do—the work that Adolph Ochs described in that famous 1896 statement: “to make of the columns of The New York Times a forum for the consideration of all questions of public importance, and to that end to invite intelligent discussion from all shades of opinion.”

2 Likes

So are we, except unlike you it doesn’t constitute 100% of what makes up reality. Which was my point, those inside the bubble are unaware of what is going on outside of it.

The Chinese have a clever idiom I like. Like a frog in a well. I’m sure it is very cozy down there, but you might consider the frog has a limited scope of the world.

2 Likes

I agree, but I have to note when I brought up this point once you told me indictments were irrelevant.

I did? Might need to review the context of what I said because I can’t remember. Unless we are talking about something else, Joe Biden?

His name did get revealed in a lawsuit the other day, in Ukraine, the ex prosecutor I believe is alleging to his abuse of power getting him fired. I bet there is zero coverage of that in the NYT or the more recent revelations Hunter got 3.5 million from a billionaire wife to a Moscow mayor, or any questions as to why.

But I doubt I would have gone so far to say a lack of indictment is irrelevant, even in the case of Biden I presented his defense which was his allegation the prosecutor was corrupt and he wasn’t the only one calling for his dismissal.

I think it was Biden, one sec. Starting here. Wasn’t expecting it to be in a “from coronavirus” thread lol

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/from-coronavirus/187923/575

1 Like

Right, you were asking why no indictments and I was trying to point out how slippery they are. The 98 page ruling I alluded to exists, which was from an audit late 2015 to early 2016 on illegal survalance.

They then got themselves a FISA warrant, (Carter Page) which acts retroactively, meaning any previous illegal spying is now legal and the 3rd party doing the spying is covered legally speaking.

It’s why most people speculated they wanted the FISA warrant, not to spy on Carter Page, or even the Trump team (was close to the election they thought they were going to win) it legalized the spying they had already done.

So to answer your question in that thread “why no indictments of illegal behavior?” because they legalized it and if you think that FUBAR, you would be correct.

Anyway, I hope they’ll all be charged if they broke the law :slight_smile:

1 Like

You seem to be firmly believing the sources you have for that. Why trust those sources more than, like, the NYT?

2 Likes

Wait, someone trusts the NYT?

5 Likes

Because I read the 98 page FISC ruling, it’s heavily redacted but the claims are cited and not fabricated. I know, the MSM never covered it, there is another FISC ruling by another judge which a quick internet search gives here.

The original ruling was by FISC judge Rosemary Collier.

But the key point was they legalized it by getting a FISA warrant, so the question is, if you need a FISA warrant and have no evidence to get one, if you are team Obama and this occurs to you around March 2016, how to you get evidence for a FISA warrant?

2 Likes

I love this. Why would you trust primary sources ignored by the NYT instead of the NYT, which has gotten 2 pulitzers in the last 3 years for printing obvious lies?

2 Likes

I don’t say I trust the NYT, just feel that the constant bashing of the MSM is often (not in Mick’s case perhaps) based on the claims of even less reliable media. Who do you trust?

I don’t trust anyone. For anything I care about, I go to primary sources as much as possible.

1 Like

Michael Cohen is an excellent primary source…

1 Like

I reckon Trump will gain as much sympathy as he loses over the bombs…er, walls closi…er, other shoe drop…er the NYT’s October surprise.

Will harden Dems ahem feelings about Trump, but most American entrepreneurs hate the idea that a citizen’s tax returns could be made involuntarily public, including Dem entrepreneurs.

I’ll be surprised if Dems are still talking about this by Oct. 1, frankly.

It’s not October and this is of his own making.